2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What I love is that on here Coldplay are vilified but on the night in 2016 the set got rave reviews and was highly regarded by most of those who saw it.

Despite what we think quite a lot of people would welcome a Coldplay return.

I’ll accept it if LCD can return as well.

• Upvote 6

not sure the 31st will be a good day for releasing headliner news ... there is something else happening(not happening )  that is going to be overshadowing the book release unfortunately ... so dont think a headliner announcement timing along with halloween is particularly good planning ... unless its a good thing / bad thing balancing act 

I'm actually fairly ambivalent towards Coldplay, saw them live a couple of times on the AROBTTH and X&Y tours and they put on a good show. Their musical output has been rotten for a good few years now but had they not been up against LCD I'd have probably gone along to see them. 

All that being said it's definitely too soon for them to come back. I'd be pretty disappointed to see any retuning headliners from the last few years, exception being The Stones as a) its been just long enough b) they'd be perfect for the anniversary. 

13 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

According to Twitter the OG Sugababes lineup is on Graham Norton on Friday. I know we joked about it last year, but I would love for them to pop up somewhere...

Get them all on board. Could have Sugababes on every stage at the same time

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

What I love is that on here Coldplay are vilified but on the night in 2016 the set got rave reviews and was highly regarded by most of those who saw it.

On a personal note I'd be fairly happy having never seen them and listened to them as a kid, but it's a boring ass booking no doubt

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I was at that set and will admit I enjoyed it.

They have no fucking business coming back so soon though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Mmmm but the pyramid can take it.

Pretty much everyone was at Kylie and the festival didn’t shut down.

Yep. It can take it as no one can get near it once the field is full. Stones being the prime example. Lionel was the only time i attempted to watch someone and couldn't get near the pyramid field. Gave up after 10 mins and went elsewhere. Didn't once get the impression it was dangerous at all. 

4 hours ago, Matt87 said:

I think they're always in with a shout as they really like the festival and share its sentiments regarding charity. Their last album disappointed a tad though, but I do think they'll headline again within 5 years.

Yeah, true, was still a no1 album but I agree, last album derailed the momentum of the band a little. Was a bit shitey. But some great moments still.

A ’return to form’ album would not hurt chances and would be much welcomed by me. In any case, funeral to reflektor are four supreme albums. Not many bands can claim that kind of consistency or brilliance. And live with about 39 people on stage, a good 9 of which are just playing various rain shakers whilst clad in sequins, its always a great spectacle.

Edited by mattiloy
clad

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Wasn’t there in 2016 but I actually went to see their Head Full of Dreams tour and had a good time. I fully understand why people don’t like them (or particularly CM) and I think it’s too soon to have them back at Glastonbury, but the reality is they perform the shit out of most of their competition. 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Different people mentioned a rumour coming from a book that was due to be published, but there was at least one person who said it wasn't the Glastonbury 50th book they were referring to but another book coming out.

Speaking of which:

Along this line of enquiries a had a wee squatch at upcoming publications that are subject to an embargo about their release.

So we have:

Joni Mitchell 22/10

Rihanna 24/10

Prince 29/10

I reckon it's going to Prince.