Foals

RarerThanDandyB

I honestly didn't get that from the documentary at all.

I was on board for them to headline a few weeks ago, Don't think part 2 has enough mainstream radio appeal and their fairly modest tour still has tickets left now. I think a headliner sells it out instantly imo.

I thought a strong album after Holy Fire would see them do it but follow up fell short, getting the same vibe from part 1/part 2.

I think them doing the other to a smaller committed crowd will work better than twenty odd thousand stood arms crossed wanting to be proved wrong.

13 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Why the last chance? they aren't on the decline.

Probable headline spot at Reading/Leeds again won't hurt them either.

They aren’t on the decline but if they weren’t asked to headline 2020 with the knowledge that they had two new albums due then why would they be asked for 2021? I know next year is the 50th so they might be considered small fry headliner wise, but I doubt they’re being held back for next year, and are more likely just gonna play a lower slot, whether it be Pyramid sub again or one of the ‘big’ Other Stage headliners.

they're probably not going to be touring these albums into summer 2021 either TBF

let's face it, headlining was always going to be a long shot. maybe if the next album is a bit more mainstream, they could make the jump and do it then.

i'd imagine they're Other headliners opposite Swift or Kendrick/whoever the Friday headliner is, assuming it's not a guitar band.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else get an email from See over the weekend. Anyone who bought tickets seems to have free album download codes and physical copies (just pay for postage).

"Please remember each unique code can only be used once to redeem a single copy of 'Everything Not Saved Will Be Lost - Part 2'. If you already own a copy please feel free to share with family, friends, colleagues or indeed anyone who needs their record collection improving!"

Not seen this offered by any artists before. Decent that is.

13 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Sure someone said they spoke to Yannis a few weeks back and he said they weren't playing next year. Gotta say with that France date I think it now looks extremely unlikely they'll be there. 

I don’t really believe it but did that info not come with a couple of Other stage headliners? Sure one of them was The 1975.

Edit: Had a look back and it was The 1975 and Dua Lipa.

Edited by kingcrawler

6 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I don’t really believe it but did that info not come with a couple of Other stage headliners? Sure one of them was The 1975.

Yeah there seemed like too much info for it to be credible (ie. Why know so much if not playing) but I could be mistaken.