Foals

RarerThanDandyB

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I like how their keyboardist has left and their music now sounds more synth led than it was before. That will sound good closing out the Pyramid on the Sunday night though. 

Typical lazy student Edwin.

Pretty pumped for the new album off the back of Wake Me Up and the snippets so far. The ENSWBL albums were a tough sell but songs like Sunday and In Degrees went over really well with everyone, so I’m glad they’re exploring that angle a bit more. Out of time to produce another My Number or Inhaler so why not reboot?

Release in time for the tour or near enough after would be grand. Could all do with a Foals rave-up.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

We got reason to believe adequate8 is in the know then?

Pyramid sub again? Or could they have even stepped in to QOTSAs seemingly vacant slot?

I recall they’ve sent Glasto info to Neil privately before. Can’t remember what.

Friday Other would be perfect. Could see that being one of the more densely populated crowds for that stage when everyone has left Billie because she fell asleep again.

They are playing in Ireland on Monday so they have the whole weekend open. With PSB most likely headlining Other on Sunday they could be Friday or Saturday, however I can't see them against Macca (if Macca is headlining, if it's Harry they could totally do that). If they are coming, I don't think they will come to sub again so replacing QOTSA makes sense... 

Edited by AlexOvd

Is it weird for me to feel like the cross over between Foals/Billie is quite a bit, Radio 1 listeners / Reading type band. 

They'd be a pretty big get and if the case is that its Fender > Billie on the Pyramid with Wolf Alice > Foals that just seems too much cross over of similar artists. 

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Is it weird for me to feel like the cross over between Foals/Billie is quite a bit, Radio 1 listeners / Reading type band. 

They'd be a pretty big get and if the case is that its Fender > Billie on the Pyramid with Wolf Alice > Foals that just seems too much cross over of similar artists. 

Nah you’re overthinking it.

17 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

The crossover between the Cure and Christine and the Queens would be greater than Billie Eilish and Foals

I think in Foals vs QOTSA, many of us do like both but it really wasn't the best time to see Queens with everything that's going on. My enthusiasm was definitely damp.

Foals is a fantastic trade and, for people's first headliner since 2019, they're waaaay more likely to bring the goods and throw a party so I'd probably class it as a step up, all in all.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think in Foals vs QOTSA, many of us do like both but it really wasn't the best time to see Queens with everything that's going on. My enthusiasm was definitely damp.

Foals is a fantastic trade and, for people's first headliner since 2019, they're waaaay more likely to bring the goods and throw a party so I'd probably class it as a step up, all in all.

I can imagine they will have a massive crowd, maybe even bigger than Queens.