Doves...

MilkyJoe

The 2020 remark might have good intentions but anything can happen between now and 2020. They might sack off the album, or it take longer to write and record (they're fairly tough with themselves in the studio). They may not be ready to tour again by then.

Seems a really odd decision by both parties, they're not signed up as exclusives anywhere - there's no tour to sell. They should be there.

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Been announced for Eden Sessions on 23rd June.

Does this put them back in the frame for a Glastonbury secret set?

Hell yes I reckon, and don't let those naysayers (and the band's drummer) convince us otherwise!

?

Edited by dingbat2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Wakey321 said:

Been announced for Eden Sessions on 23rd June.

Does this put them back in the frame for a Glastonbury secret set?

According to Rob Da Bank’s podcast on Eden Sessions, 7 of their acts will be at Glasto,

5 I think are already confirmed so still a chance for Doves :)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

Hell yes I reckon, and don't let those naysayers (and the band's drummer) convince us otherwise!

?

That’s the spirit! If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through

Just now, Gnomicide said:

If you have Twitter, follow @SecretGlasto

Sure stuff will be posted on here too.

In fact normally, there's a more in depth list on here in the run up to the festival, which everyone on the forums helps to make.  Once the gates open, @SecretGlasto tweets out the list, but last minute additions (which there are always quite a few) tend to only go on Twitter.  Sound about right @mr flow?

59 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

In fact normally, there's a more in depth list on here in the run up to the festival, which everyone on the forums helps to make.  Once the gates open, @SecretGlasto tweets out the list, but last minute additions (which there are always quite a few) tend to only go on Twitter.  Sound about right @mr flow?

Yep. Once we know set times, we tend to setup a thread that lists them all out. Before the festival everyone helps to fill it in, and i'll keep it up to date once you all head off to the fields. However, we tend to get a lot of info on the fly during the festival, so @SecretGlasto twitter is definitely the main point of information for last minute additions.

22 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I can confirm they were very good at Bearded Theory yesterday. I'm not really a fan but think that could change. They played the equivalent of the Sunset slot, a perfect setting for them.

I can 2nd this sentiment too - stunning set from someone else who had not really listened to them before.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I can confirm they were very good at Bearded Theory yesterday. I'm not really a fan but think that could change. They played the equivalent of the Sunset slot, a perfect setting for them.

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I can 2nd this sentiment too - stunning set from someone else who had not really listened to them before.

3rd that.... Was really looking for to seeing them at BT and they really didnt disappoint .. Went down really well with the crowd, which is no mean feat if you arent punk or ska.. and really seemed to enjoy their first festival in 10 years.

surely they must be a shoe in at Glastonbury(despite contractual drummer denials).?

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, dingbat2 said:

I see Doves have cancelled all future shows due to mental health issues. I was looking forward to seeing them next year, but hopefully I will get one last chance to see them again sometime in the future. I hope they are OK...

Ah fucking gutted. Had a ticket for Feb. Hope they're all OK.