Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, lukemack said:

Hope The Streets are on West Holts, the emptiness of The Other Stage will kill there set on there, hope the festival are looking at ways to improve the atmosphere, I'd even take more/different screens, just to change it up abit

Second this massively! Dizzee Rascal was great there in '17. Perfect for The Streets.

5 hours ago, lukemack said:

Hope The Streets are on West Holts, the emptiness of The Other Stage will kill there set on there, hope the festival are looking at ways to improve the atmosphere, I'd even take more/different screens, just to change it up abit

Surely they would be far too big for West Holts. In 2017 Justice absolutely packed out the field for their Sunday night headline. Mike and the ladz have sold out 5 nights at Brixton whilst Justice sold out 1 on their most recent UK dates. Granted it might not be the perfect metric but the festival aren't going to be any way inclined to put an act capable of headlining the other on a smaller stage. 

Genuine question, where's the renewed interest in The Streets come from to elevate them to Other headliner?

They subbed West Holts in 09, headlined JP in 11, disappeared for 6/7 years and now they're stock has risen enough for them to headline Other?

Is it just purely the fact that absence makes the heart grow fonder and people are now frothing at the mouth for some Streets action?

2 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Genuine question, where's the renewed interest in The Streets come from to elevate them to Other headliner?

They subbed West Holts in 09, headlined JP in 11, disappeared for 6/7 years and now they're stock has risen enough for them to headline Other?

Is it just purely the fact that absence makes the heart grow fonder and people are now frothing at the mouth for some Streets action?

Nothing quite sells like nostalgia

I'm not a fan of the layout of the Other Stage, all of the food vans etc make it seem very compact, plus when I was trying to get through that area when Rag and Bone man was on in it was horrific. Often think they need to try and expand that part if they can. 

Streets would be too big for West Holts though. 

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

Massive sell out tour last year and they're playing five/six nights back to back at Brixton this week, all sold out again. The audience seems to be there.

Although I mentioned to Mrs Jass that I was keeping an eye on Twickets for cheap last minute tickets and her reply was "You mean the bloke who did that Fit But You Know It song? You wanna see that?" Kinda punctured my enthusiasm.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Massive sell out tour last year and they're playing five/six nights back to back at Brixton this week, all sold out again. The audience seems to be there.

Although I mentioned to Mrs Jass that I was keeping an eye on Twickets for cheap last minute tickets and her reply was "You mean the bloke who did that Fit But You Know It song? You wanna see that?" Kinda punctured my enthusiasm.

wow, I did not expect that.    I remember kinda liking them the first time around and revisited the first two albums a couple of years ago.  It made me realise just how much weed I was smoking back then.  A few of tracks hold up but they were few and far between IMO.

Then again,  maybe they'll smash The Other Stage and make me feel half my age?   

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Late to the party, but Ian Brown's new album is the worst thing he's ever released by a long shot.  First World Problems is the best tune on it and that doesn't really go anywhere. His vocals aren't bad, but the songs!  They're non-existent. 

It's rubbish.

I havent heard it yet... after that recommendation, Im downloading it as I type

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Late to the party, but Ian Brown's new album is the worst thing he's ever released by a long shot.  First World Problems is the best tune on it and that doesn't really go anywhere. His vocals aren't bad, but the songs!  They're non-existent. 

It's rubbish.

That last track is truly, truly awful.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 11:05 PM, HS94 said:

. In 2017 Justice absolutely packed out the field for their Sunday night headline.

See I didn't think they did. Busy, aye, but not packed. I walked to the flags and I am sure its was very sparse. The actual sound was also much better at the back of the field, chest thumping loud where near the front it was not. Mind you was an odd year for Sound on that stage.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's rubbish.

I don’t think it’s that bad, but he’s a man who’s been operating at a pretty good level all his career so it still might be the worst thing he’s put out.

The themes are quite tacky, but I like the stripped back nature and there are some great grooves in there. He hasn’t gone full or even half Ashcroft, imo.

Are we all under the assumption The Streets will headline Sunday vs. The Cure? (I hope so), but then again it is hard to say when we have no idea who Pyramid Saturday is...

Just the contrast of demographic and sound would make them ideal to face each other.