Other Stage

FuzzyDunlop

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Would imagine if any of the “heritage” dance acts are gonna be held back for 2020 (if that is going to be a thing) it would be Orbital.

Yeah I'm not sure how much of a thing the holding back for 2020 will be. I remember the same sort of hype before 2010 - huge artists playing in lower slots etc. and it never turned out that way.

3 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Yeah I'm not sure how much of a thing the holding back for 2020 will be. I remember the same sort of hype before 2010 - huge artists playing in lower slots etc. and it never turned out that way.

"We're pleased to announce our line-up for this year. Unfortunately it's not as good as we could have made it because we're saving the best acts for next year"

:lol: 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

"We're pleased to announce our line-up for this year. Unfortunately it's not as good as we could have made it because we're saving the best acts for next year"

:lol: 

Exactly! My bet is the 50th will have a normal-ish line-up with maybe a couple of bigger names/surprises but nowhere near the amount some will be expecting.

Edited by strummer77

10 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Oh, I agree with you, the “undercard” of next year will look similar to any other year - who ever is around and is touring an album. 

Maybe if they’re saving money by booking 2 relatively cheap acts to headline this year (Stormzy/ The Cure (if true)) then that leaves enough to blow the bank next year on a big hitter like FM or Madge.

The act everyone raves on about on here from 2010 the most is...Slash!

1 hour ago, strummer77 said:

It's Orbital's 30th anniversary this year and they are planning things to celebrate it. I would have thought that it would be more important to them to play this year than next.

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Mike Skinner coming up on Mary Ann Hobgoblin to talk about his tour, we might get 2 for 1 on clues on 6music this morning.

Listened back to the interview and he didn't announce anything Glastonbury related. New album out in 2020, which will apparently be accompanied by a film. Described it as the bloke from 'A grand dont come for free' Grows up and becomes a DJ. Half tempted to get a ticket for one of his Brixton shows, went last year and was comfortably the rowdiest show I have ever seen there!

16 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Pleasedon'tclashwithJanellePleasedon'tclashwithJanellePleasedon'tclashwithJanelle

Janelle is headlining WH on sunday, right?  It's looking like you'll have a difficult decision ahead of you since The Chems typically close The Other Stage.  Hopefully this year they will buck that trend!

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Janelle is headlining WH on sunday, right?  It's looking like you'll have a difficult decision ahead of you since The Chems typically close The Other Stage.  Hopefully this year they will buck that trend!

I don't think the date had been confirmed, unless I've missed something?

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Chems did Saturday in 2011 btw.

indeed they did!  I am not doing well with reading/remembering today

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

We have no idea about the day other than the fact Neil believes Wu-Tang Clan are doing the Saturday.

Personally I think she'll be Sunday.

Man, that is going to go off.  Have you seen any of their recent performances with ODB's son?  It's surreal but damn it, he nails it

1 minute ago, Kinkyinuit said:

indeed they did!  I am not doing well with reading/remembering today

Man, that is going to go off.  Have you seen any of their recent performances with ODB's son?  It's surreal but damn it, he nails it

Nah I haven't seen any footage of them live. I wanna see them but some people have said they're often underwhelming live so I'm not sure. I'll have to watch some vids.

Seeing Chems at Mad Cool so that's ideal really. If there's a clash then no harm done, so a great headliner to have in reserve. If I don't end up seeing Chems then it'll be because something much more mega is on and I can catch them a fortnight later.

8 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Definitely brings a new energy to it. Just watched the Tiny Desk set on YouTube and thought it was decent. 

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Seeing Chems at Mad Cool so that's ideal really. If there's a clash then no harm done, so a great headliner to have in reserve. If I don't end up seeing Chems then it'll be because something much more mega is on and I can catch them a fortnight later.

Not seeing them this Summer atm but this is how I feel having seen them in 2015. They were amazing that year (I enjoyed their set as much as the LCD set in 2016 that everybody (rightfully) raves about) and I know they will be again next year, but I'm happy to miss them for, say, The Cure knowing I've already seen them do what I presume will be a similar set.