Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

1 hour ago, CJTM said:

Twin Atlantic frontman referred and tagged booking agent at Primary Talent (Matt Bates) when asked about playing Glastonbury this year, and then MB liked the comment… I am pretty sure when it comes to a lot of the applicable UK festivals, MB has a major say on the lineup

He’s twin Atlantic’s booking agent hence why they tagged him. Wouldn’t necessarily say he has a big say on major festival line ups. From that comment I would say TA weren’t booked to play. 

10 hours ago, CJTM said:

Twin Atlantic frontman referred and tagged booking agent at Primary Talent (Matt Bates) when asked about playing Glastonbury this year, and then MB liked the comment… I am pretty sure when it comes to a lot of the applicable UK festivals, MB has a major say on the lineup

I'm sure he doesn't, but thanks for the explanation. 

4 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Is there anywhere bigger they could realistically put Rhythm of the 90s? Or somewhere where they can limit entry like Stonebridge? Just wasn't fun with how busy it was last time.

Mentioned this a while back... I spoke to them when I saw them in Liverpool. They told me they had the same slot in the Croissant Neuf but also a couple of other appearances over the weekend.

4 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Is there anywhere bigger they could realistically put Rhythm of the 90s? Or somewhere where they can limit entry like Stonebridge? Just wasn't fun with how busy it was last time.

we got to the edge of the tent and didn't even attempt to enter ... the heat coming out of that tent was ridiculous ... gave up after about 5 mins 

Ill be giving them a miss if they are on Croissant Neuf cause it was near unbearable last time and I have no wish to die via suffocation before the festival gets going, pity they couldnt find anywhere bigger for them as they seemed good but it was too much in there. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup....a few things like Mik Artistik aside you're as well not bothering.  Tried to go to Power Ballads at William's Green last year and it was just daft.

Got into She Drew the Gun in the crows nest last time but after that couldn’t get near a tent! Not sure what the answer is. 

I surprisingly managed to get a really good spot for Pumarosa in 2017 without any trouble, but The Smyths only an hour or so earlier had turned the whole area into gridlock. 

Usually just stick with Mik Artistik, Lekiddo and The Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing as Thursday staples.

3 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I surprisingly managed to get a really good spot for Pumarosa in 2017 without any trouble, but The Smyths only an hour or so earlier had turned the whole area into gridlock. 

Usually just stick with Mik Artistik, Lekiddo and The Men Who Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing as Thursday staples.

Can remember getting into WG Tent for Alt J 2013?) quite easily, but since then it’s been an absolute nightmare.  Don’t think I’ll bother down there this time. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup....a few things like Mik Artistik aside you're as well not bothering.  Tried to go to Power Ballads at William's Green last year and it was just daft.

Yeah, my wife passed out.  Wasn't fun at all.   We were only waiting for the Smyths to come on too!

Power Ballads was busy but bearable and we were front middle. Wasn’t that keen on going but loved it. Plenty of flavoured vodkas on the go. A kind chap off of here let me sample his Bakewell tart flavour....Lovely. 

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Hadnt seen this mentioned before.

If Frankie is playing the pyramid and 3rd down R&L in the same year then thats quite a coup for him

20190301_185012.thumb.jpg.9b76a1e938c00ab195422ad72f2a7f1a.jpg

Do you think this is legit? Would be awesome if so! They're playing at a festival in Sweden at some point the same weekend but that doesn't rule them out and at least means they'll still be active by then. Just wondered how likely they would be to play again the following year...but if Stormzy and The Killers can headline after appearing in the previous festival then I guess Frank can appear somewhere too

I would LOVE it after missing out on Sheffield tickets and there being faaaar to many Killers fans in between me and the stage at the JP in 2017

Edited by Sasperella

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Do you think this is legit? Would be awesome if so! They're playing at a festival in Sweden at some point the same weekend but that doesn't rule them out and at least means they're active at that point in the summer. Just wondered how likely they would be to play again the following year...but if Stormzy and The Killers can headline after appearing in the previous festival then I guess Frank can appear somewhere too

I would LOVE it after missing out on Sheffield tickets and there being faaaar to many Killers fans in between me and the stage at the JP in 2017