The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

BBC forecast looks a little more manageable. This will do for me:

C7CD2877-8F3B-47F1-8305-11811C898464.png

Yeh this is looking perfect. 

A bit too perfect. What on earth is going on?!?! 

I can only assume that our collective sacrifices to the weather gods have been well received 

Edited by Sasperella

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

BBC forecast looks a little more manageable. This will do for me:

C7CD2877-8F3B-47F1-8305-11811C898464.png

It is the 'feels like' bits that worry me (33 degrees) as it means serious humidity. Best I find the fire engine sprays.

Edited by Nobody Interesting

This morning's 00Z update then!

Pressure: High pressure peaking on Wednesday, in control until overnight into Saturday when it starts to slip away. Unfortunately the low pressure pocket does now take charge through into Sunday rather than the high fighting back as well. This is a downgrade for sure. The fight back does begin on Sunday but is only effective into Monday - will it edge forward again? And what does it mean for us?

Here's how it now looks at midnight on Sunday with the south of the UK in yellow rather than red.

image.png.e216e0e4d1cd8cb2ce7e0e353d95cb8e.png

Precipitation: Completely dry untl 3pm this Sunday, continuing the consistent theme. Minimal rain Sunday into Monday, nothing of note. Small amount of overnight Monday and into Tuesday (not much heavy rain hits further west) and this would dry up in no time at all.

Now dry overnight Tuesday, and this is how it looks when the gates open. Dry with temps of 25(!).

image.thumb.png.114ad72f29a00797ea079d9b420887f6.png

Now completely dry until Saturday morning when there is a nasty pocket of rain all day that day - but this has already changed from last night and will almost certainly change again.

image.thumb.png.767f3b176708b94ec7e1965d06e6be5f.png

Some more heavy stuff from the same band showing overnight into Sunday, then essentially dry on Sunday in the day, maybe some showers.

Max Temperature: Saturday 19-20, Sunday 22, Monday 23-24, Tuesday 27-28, Wednesday 30-31, Thursday 30-31, Friday 27-28,  Saturday 25-26, Sunday 18

Summary: So again the huge temperatures next midweek looked locked in and indeed keep coming up. The different in temperature on the Sunday when the low has moved through is huge!

We have the pocket of rain on Saturday to be concerned about. BUT remember the Sunday-Monday rain, the Monday-Tuesday rain and the Wedneday rain have all disappeared as days have gone by. It can all change again and the high pressure can, and almost certainly will, shift once more.

• Upvote 3

Omg this is perfect for me. 

Heat is okay guys, you just prepare differently. 

I go to Osheaga every summer in Montreal and its 30+ every day, starts at noon, and it's glorious. Theres water cool off things set up around the site which might make a difference though. 

As someone else mentioned, a water drenched bandana will definitely help, make sure you have a hat and sunscreen, and make sure you bring something for theigh chafing as it's so much worse in the heat. 

Im so excited about this forecast!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, desm0nd123 said:

My reaction was the same as yours when I heard it afterwards! Sounds ridiculous, but apparently there was over 500 causes of exhaustion/heat stroke due to the temperature and it was putting a huge strain on the medical staff who were simply overrun. Like I said though, it was through a reliable source, albeit somewhat unbelievable.

Think - would they send home 200,000 people because 500 people didn't handle the heat? A lot of people are reading this, don't spoil the enjoyment of the run up by posting Chinese whispers please!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Duggyfresh44 said:

And 95

In fact, in 93, we had an Aussie in the next tent that we had to lend sun cream to because he didn’t think you could burn in the U.K.!

15 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Omg this is perfect for me. 

Heat is okay guys, you just prepare differently. 

I go to Osheaga every summer in Montreal and its 30+ every day, starts at noon, and it's glorious. Theres water cool off things set up around the site which might make a difference though. 

As someone else mentioned, a water drenched bandana will definitely help, make sure you have a hat and sunscreen, and make sure you bring something for theigh chafing as it's so much worse in the heat. 

Im so excited about this forecast!!

Thigh chaffing sounds really interesting.