The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

26 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

For the first time in my life, I am not looking forward to Glastonbury.

I will do, and Ill hopefully enjoy it, but an essential part of the festival is being able to see acts. Looking less likely now.

Bit of perspective. Really sorry to hear this mate.

Plenty of time for it to change!

17 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The fact I cant stand in front of a stage in the heat / sun. I didnt drink or do anything else after Friday in 2010. A featival should just be about enjoying yourself, not having to worry about your health

That's a real shame. I really hope those Friday to Sunday temps stay in the lower 20's for you FuzzyDunlop.

And for me as well come to think of it. Late 20's can be a bit exhausting.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, autoinflate said:

worst case - during the hot hours of the day, flake out in the breeze of flagtopia or one of the cool spots off the railway track, then come down into the centre as the sun sets and enjoy all the evening/night entertainment

This is definitely the tactic. Don't over do it in the day, and enjoy the evenings without freezing your nuts off. Nothing like the sunset slot when it's a glorious day. 

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The fact I cant stand in front of a stage in the heat / sun. I didnt drink or do anything else after Friday in 2010. A featival should just be about enjoying yourself, not having to worry about your health

The predicted temperatures aren’t as high as 2010.

I appreciate that you suffer more than most but just about everyone struggled in the daytime in 2010. The ditches were actually full of people trying to find the slightest bit of shade.

However, sometime between 6-7pm it became delightful as the sun eased off. We ended up doing more of a nighttime festival that year after Friday, taking it very easy in the early part of the day and only being right out in the sun for stuff we were desperate to see, no alcohol & plenty of water til the sun started to go down at tea-time, but then being out later than we would at a cooler festival (& sleeping later as a result - foil blankets, eye mask, ear plugs and opening the tent right up at sunrise are really needed to maximise this)

If it ends up being a hot festival you need to adjust your routine, but not lose the festival completely  - I honestly don’t think it’ll be THAT hot again this time.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I coped with 2010, but that is by far and away my least favourite festival & I saw sod all.

Thing is, pay your money - take your chance. Ill just have to deal with it.

Hopefully Sat/Sun will give us some relief when things are in full swing as drops to 19-21 degrees 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I will do, and Ill hopefully enjoy it, but an essential part of the festival is being able to see acts. Looking less likely now.

Dude.  Hat, LOTS of water, SUNCREAM, a light, long-sleeved baggy top so the air can circulate, maybe one of those little 3-legged fishing stools you can fold and carry over your shoulder.  You'll be grand.  

1 minute ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Lol, people have been asking for a sunny and hot festival for months and now 30 is too much to cope. Every festival in southern Europe has higher temperatures and everyone survives. 

I totally agree.  Everyone has been been saying "Nooo, not another 2007/2016!  We're all fucked!".  Now, as soon as the sun is forecast it's, "Nooo!  Not another 2010! We're all fucked!"

It's summer, people!  Finally!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Ive been to festivals in Australia where it can be upwards of 35-40 degrees and they manage just fine. A bit of sun wont shut down glasto. Yes the sun can be exhausting but, i'd rather it be exhausting and sunny with a pint in my hand than a mudbath 

16 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I coped with 2010, but that is by far and away my least favourite festival & I saw sod all.

Thing is, pay your money - take your chance. Ill just have to deal with it.

Mate for the record, I'm precisely the same. 2010 and 2017 were tough. The Wednesday last year repeated over the 5 days would be dangerous

I'd sacrifice my daytime comfort for a total absence of 2016 however.

49 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know your feeling. I don’t cope well In the sun and spent the weds ‘17 sat under a tree in the shade sipping water. I try not to drink during the day and I find that helps. Plenty of sunscreen and a hat. And as others have said an umbrella too for walking around. 

A small spray bottle of water helps wonders for the face. 

Take it easy and avoid any mid day sun. 

2 minutes ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

Lol, people have been asking for a sunny and hot festival for months and now 30 is too much to cope. Every festival in southern Europe has higher temperatures and everyone survives. 

People seem to enjoy Burning Man. Coachella is well over 30 degrees. We survive in Australia in temperature over 28.

God, the English love a moan!

• Upvote 1