The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

2 minutes ago, sonicforest? said:

How hot was 2010? All I remember is at one point I had my head under a camping chair for some shade  

They say it was 27c but I swear it was hotter in some places and felt more like over 30c. It was hot from queuing weds morning ( 3 hours!) to leaving in early hours of Monday morning!  Saw some very red people who fell asleep in the sun trashed and looked like cooked lobster! Slip, slap slop everyone ??

1 hour ago, desm0nd123 said:

It was 32 degrees Wednesday 2017 and that was seriously hot. There was a huge cheer when the sun finally set among the horizon. Still, would much prefer baking hot than loads of rain! 

I heard if the Thursday that year was as hot as Wednesday, then they were potentially going to pull the plug on it. So many had heat exhaustion due to poor preparation for the heat. 

Let's hope everyone is sensible and wears appropriate clothing and brings plenty of water and sun cream this year! 

B0D1CF1C-8D61-4DE6-9094-4D668012FE2F.jpeg

8 minutes ago, sonicforest? said:

How hot was 2010? All I remember is at one point I had my head under a camping chair for some shade  

I don't mind the sun but found 2010 mildy irritating at times, it was relentless wall to wall hot sunshine with totally clear skies with very few shady areas to shelter which made it very hard work for a lot of people.

Actually, just remembered when a tiny fluffy cloud shaded the pyramid crowd for about 10 seconds and a massive cheer went up.

Edited by Cooter

22 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Too Hot????  for fucks sake up here weve had the heating on, i went out last night with gloves and a wooly hat. Bedding plants in the garden are cowering in their moss ridden damp planters. The ducks in the river next to us are whizzing past at 50mph riding the torrents of water,!

Life can be tough in Milton Keynes

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, richy24 said:

Surely it would be a bigger health and safety risk cancelling the festival leaving 150,000 people with nowhere to go! There would be riots!

exactly, imagine 200k people leaving all at once to sit in ques and traffic in 40 degrees! Absolute nonsense this cancelling stuff.

13 minutes ago, kleinerkiwi said:

Too hot? How do you think they make festivals in southern Europe happen? Someone might even say that they have festivals in Australia in baking heat! Just stay hydrated and cool down.

I'm Irish, I will be in intensive care if the temp goes above 26

• Upvote 1

Wednesday 2017 was insane - people were hunting for any bit of shade they could find, even the shadow of the beat hotel sign. The Woods were packed out. However the water kept flowing and I’m sure Glastonbury would have been ready with some emergency shade if it got any hotter. No way would they have cancelled such a huge operation over a bit of sun

3 minutes ago, Cooter said:

exactly, imagine 200k people leaving all at once to sit in ques and traffic in 40 degrees! Absolute nonsense this cancelling stuff.

And the majority of booked coaches probably not available or able to get to the site!

I started out with my rational head on thinking some middle of the road weather would be ideal. Not too hot, not too wet etc. However now that it is upon us and I am completely unprepared for any eventuality I'm almost in favour of any extreme conditions just for the absolute craic. 

But definitely not for the bantz

8 minutes ago, sedra said:

They say it was 27c but I swear it was hotter in some places and felt more like over 30c. It was hot from queuing weds morning ( 3 hours!) to leaving in early hours of Monday morning!  Saw some very red people who fell asleep in the sun trashed and looked like cooked lobster! Slip, slap slop everyone ??

The 27 could have been the recorded temp in the shade so then you have to add on around 5 degrees when in direct sunlight I think!

I used to wait until work until I checked this thread but it's now as soon as I wake . Now off to look for cheap parasols

In other news have you seen the London forecast?! I can’t see it being a total washout with this kind of weather going on 100 miles east. Any rain will surely be short lived? Here’s hoping. 26D507F6-5929-4B06-844A-541C0AEBD571.thumb.png.9d1726e4ca3b1d8843bb572d914c4c16.pngI’d also prefer the current Pilton forecasted temperatures to these!!

11 minutes ago, richy24 said:

Surely it would be a bigger health and safety risk cancelling the festival leaving 150,000 people with nowhere to go! There would be riots!

I think the plan was to send us all off to watch the England V Germany match en masse to calm us down.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

All planned packing now going back to rethink.............................

Might just bring a thin sheet and live in it.

I know...five days to go and I have no idea what to pack. Was gonna go shopping tomorrow to buy some more rain appropriate clothing (stuff short enough to be completely covered by a poncho) but maybe this is not necessary!

The boots v wellies debate is difficult enough....let along adding trainers and potentially sandals into that!