The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

I think the patterns are starting to solidify.

Plume and high temps looking likely along with Thunderstorms that could bring epic rainfall in short amounts of time. 

I'm not sure how we prepare for that tbh. But we have to try. Then pray the clouds fuck off over the rest of the festival.

Edited by T-Mouse

1 minute ago, Supernova. said:

i genuinely have no idea how to read this thread. ill be wearing the same outfits ive planned no matter what, with a waterproof jacket on standby (THIS THREAD IS STILL STRESSING ME OUT THOUGH)

:lol: I know! Literally the only difference it makes to my packing is which socks I need most of - welly or trainer.

1 minute ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

:lol: I know! Literally the only difference it makes to my packing is which socks I need most of - welly or trainer.

I've got 6 pairs of trainer socks, 2 pairs of ski socks and 2 pairs of football socks in the bag... 

2009 was sort of like this (ish) in that it was super hot (I remember thinking my legs were burning though my jeans at one point and there was a queue for shade at the  'ginger tree' ) but we had some pretty big thunderstorms. The ground held out remarkably well though, so if we're REALLY lucky it could all be ok.

The type of weather patterns we are looking at are highly volatile and unpredictable. Things can change with just a few hours notice. Even on Sunday night, we won't know for sure what is going to happen.

It really is all to play for still. With these kind of volatile weather systems, we could be in for a 28c scorcher, epic downpours, and even cold weather if the low out to the west edges in. Anything can, and probably will happen.

All that we can predict for certain right now, is that the type of weather being predicted, is extremely unpredictable.

27 minutes ago, Snooker Cue said:

I have mates onsite doing the Block 9 build, they have been doing it for years, and they told me that the ground conditions onsite are already a fair bit worse than they were in 2016, the last muddy year, described by Eavis as "the muddiest ever". 

they arent allowed to disclose any pictures, but have told me where the artics and heavy machinery have been driving is just pure bog and muck.  

Glastoloverpaul is that you back to your old tricks 

If in doubt ask is what I was taught so I did and this was the answer:

3 minutes ago, cfbath said:

Lots of words being thrown about that are going completely over my head.

Is a plume good or bad? (bearing in mind i'd like warm and dry weather)

Are we on a knife edge in terms of thunder and heavy rain?

To put in to simple words, i'm going to Glastonbury and will be on site Tues 25th - Mon 1st July and not knowing what weather I could be getting is breaking me!

If you are at Glastonbury from 25th it could be very hot to start with then cooler towards weekend, but storms may trigger off

This to my eyes is looking equally as good, if not better for some terrific storms as July 26/27th last year. Records could well be under threat, especially the June all time record judging by the 06z output. 

We could possibly be seeing a real mothership MCS or supercells anywhere between Monday and Thursday that’s for sure. 

Something to definitely keep an eye on. 

Image result for lineker gascoigne

1 minute ago, Euphoricape said:

Not sure if someone from here has posted this on netweather just now, but here's the response:

Screenshot_20190619-113533_Samsung Internet.jpg

Christ when you get actual photos of people on that site it's disturbing, that Gordon Webb looks like something out of Yewtree

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dccool said:

This was sent to me. Dont know exactly where but it's one of the worst bits on site apparently so I'm guessing SE corner somewhere where all the heavy machinery is.

Screenshot_20190619-113603_WhatsApp.jpg

Ahhhh ffs, that makes me sad.

Although a bit of sun and it’ll be fine, a bit of rain however...

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

was it 2014 we had a brief storm and the stages had to be shut down? I don't have any overriding memories of that being a bad weekend or drowning or anything, there were some heavy downpours throughout though.

Had my favorite line-up since 09 though so that may have helped the memories...

Yes, you're completely correct. 

The fact is: even storms big enough to shut down the Pyramid don't cause a mudbath. It has to be way more extreme and prolonged (i.e. going to shit now if not before generally).