The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

The somerset ensembles for the 06z are out.  High Pressure at the start of the festival followed by pressure slowly dropping looking at the mean (Red Line) of all 20 06z runs which suggests the Low Pressure to the South West will reach UK shores enough to give some precipitation over the festival period.

Thankfully looking at the precipitation graph the operational run is well over-egging the rain on Wednesday and Thursday and the mean  just shows a showery nature of rain throughout the festival

somer.thumb.jpg.e9dc70fdedb2ce76be4656059909a425.jpgsomerAP.thumb.jpg.2ac23616a0337b8b84a2118459052c6d.jpg

48 minutes ago, UEF said:

Given that you can't predict the weather this far out, and all forecasts currently showing it looking absolutely horrific, that must mean that the reality will be anything but.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway. 

Not up for another 2016 sloppy entrance

I'd probably get that checked out if I was you...

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

The somerset ensembles for the 06z are out.  High Pressure at the start of the festival followed by pressure slowly dropping looking at the mean (Red Line) of all 20 06z runs which suggests the Low Pressure to the South West will reach UK shores enough to give some precipitation over the festival period.

Thankfully looking at the precipitation graph the operational run is well over-egging the rain on Wednesday and Thursday and the mean  just shows a showery nature of rain throughout the festival

somer.thumb.jpg.e9dc70fdedb2ce76be4656059909a425.jpgsomerAP.thumb.jpg.2ac23616a0337b8b84a2118459052c6d.jpg

Can you repeat that, but in English please?

26 minutes ago, Wallace said:

All I want is for it to be dry when I'm putting my tent up, after that I can find shelter and drink my carry out and then I'll not care about the rain.

This is exactly what happened in 2007. Got the tent up nice and dry then pretty much non stop pissing it down for the rest of the festival.

3 hours ago, Snooker Cue said:

Hi Paul,

Sacking off the Oxfam nonsense is easy, i have done it before, as who wants to work when you could be getting on it down the Silver Hayes? 

The only thing to watch out for is basically getting grassed up, as a lot of the people who work for Oxfam are little goody 2 shoes muppets who's idea of being naughty at Glastonbury involves smoking 1 little hash joint once their shift is over ?. If you let on to others you are going to do a runner, expect to get grassed up, sadly. So dont tell anyone your intentions. 

Last time i just packed up my shit and disappeared on Wednesday morning whilst most were asleep, and went and joined my mates who had just got in the public gates. Easy. Some supervisor mug noticed me moving my stuff and asked me what i was doing, i just told him to mind his own business and he soon backed off. It was pretty hilarious seeing other Oxfam people at their posts throughout the weekend when i was off my noggin. I dont understand why others dont do the same.

I wouldnt worry too much about the scaremongering about being "blacklisted" (ooohhhh, scary!). It hasnt affected me at all, in fact, the year after ducking out of Oxfam i got a job on a bar and fucked that off too. And I have dodged stewarding at Boomtown before, disappeared form car parking jobs at other festivals etc etc. I doubt they check this supposed "blacklist", its probably not even real.

Have a great time at Glastonbury, and dont back out of doing a runner. No doubt Oxfam will try dissaude you from doing it during the training, but they are basically chatting shit, once you are in, you are in ?

Just in case anyone hasn't spotted this guy in the questions forum (the same guy who posted earlier that his "mates" working in block 9 said the ground was muddier than 2016).

So do we think Glastoloverpaul is talking to himself?

Or are the trolls breeding?

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

In 2010 I think there were vague threats of thunderstorms that never materialised--thunderstorm are very hit and miss, so hard to predict their exact striking points, only that the conditions make them likely or unlikely 

Yeah, I kind of guess my question to people who understand weather (as opposed to those like me, just freaking out) is, if you get those sought of conditions - Hot temperatures, high humidity - are thunderstorms near enough guaranteed or is there a high chance they can miss such a localised area such as the farm? 

13 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

This is exactly what happened in 2007. Got the tent up nice and dry then pretty much non stop pissing it down for the rest of the festival.

And we certainly don't want a repeat of 2007!

27 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

Gav reckons it'll be a stonking heatwave, at least for the Tuesday-Friday, then cooling down a smidge on Saturday and Sunday, provided the big blob of hot air from North Africa does as it's told.  

That'll do Gav, that'll do.

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yes. There will be some weather at Glastonbury.

You can quote me on that.

Done.

11 minutes ago, PaintedInSand said:

Perfect for when I'm queuing! Kill me!

Yeah it doesn't look good for all of the early arrivals.   But it's ok because at this far out weather reports such as these are completely unreliable.

The only ones you can trust are the ones which don't have any rainfall forecast. 

I believe that is how science works

31 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

Gav reckons it'll be a stonking heatwave, at least for the Tuesday-Friday, then cooling down a smidge on Saturday and Sunday, provided the big blob of hot air from North Africa does as it's told.  

I like Gav. I like him a lot.