Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprised Spurs are allowing a gig at their stadium two weeks before the football season starts.

I'd imagine they'll just take the pitch out like they do for the NFL games for gigs, so it shouldn't really affect anything.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surprised Spurs are allowing a gig at their stadium two weeks before the football season starts.

I think they've got a removeable pitch. It probably cost a packet, so they'll want to maximize revenue off-season plus no other premiership stadia will be able to host the gig at this time.

Oh my days.

How close we could have been to Taylor AND Gaga in the same year. She has to be nailed on for 2021 surely?

Glastonbury 2020 was going to be my last one for a bit, but if Gaga is there next year that goes right out the window.

14 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

New Gaga single is an absolute BANGER!!!

Yes Spurs will take the pitch out. I can't stand Spurs but I have been to the stadium once for NFL and once to watch the Albion and it is the best large stadium in the country by a mile.

I got excited for a split second when I saw the word "Albion", then I realised you're in Brighton.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

And her u.s. shows are in the middle of baseball season  and thats happening. So whats the difference between that and this gig which as you stated before the season even starts? Wouldnt allow it if they thought there would be any effect to the playing surface. This isnt the situation that happened to the NFL 2 seasons ago when they had a game scheduled at Azteca stadium in Mexico City which had to be moved back to the states because there was a concert the weekend leading up the that game and the pitch was ruined beyond repair.

Just now, Suprefan said:

And her u.s. shows are in the middle of baseball season  and thats happening. So whats the difference between that and this gig which as you stated before the season even starts? Wouldnt allow it if they thought there would be any effect to the playing surface. This isnt the situation that happened to the NFL 2 seasons ago when they had a game scheduled at Azteca stadium in Mexico City which had to be moved back to the states because there was a concert the weekend leading up the that game and the pitch was ruined beyond repair.

It’s not just the pitch issue that surprises me, although the retractable pitch answers that question. That time of year is prime for clubs to organise highly lucrative friendly games against high profile foreign teams. I’d have thought Spurs would have been going down that route.

Likelihood is that a Gaga gig pays better.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s not just the pitch issue that surprises me, although the retractable pitch answers that question. That time of year is prime for clubs to organise highly lucrative friendly games against high profile foreign teams. I’d have thought Spurs would have been going down that route.

Not so much that a gig pays better - but in terms of lucrative friendlies, being a high profile premier league side as the away team probably pays nearly as well as a home game would.

If they can then double that up by hosting a gig at the same time, then it makes perfect sense.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Very often these friendlies  are to foreign shores to increase the worldwide fan base although less likely to the case this summer obviously 

Edited by crazyfool1

46 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They designed the fuck out of that stadium to be multi purpose and adaptable. They were (or are) talking about NFL and football on the same day, I'd imagine that they aren't burning many bridges putting this date in.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Fleetwood Mac have crossed generations and their songs are widely known amongst anybody with an interest in music. Don’t think the same can be said about Genesis - are their any young Genesis fans?!

That said, they still ain’t gonna play the legend slot as I’m sure they see themselves as above it.

Little late to the party now that everyone’s going Gaga, but I’m 27 and a huge unapologetic Genesis fan. Admittedly they were a big part of my musical upbringing - their 2007 Old Trafford gig was my first major concert - but the ‘70s prog stuff is gold imo and though they had some absolute stinkers in the ‘80s I can’t help but love a bunch of it. 

Got tickets this morning for £87, which isn’t too bad all things considered. My expectations are LOW, but I couldn’t really miss them.  

3 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Didn’t Genesis play some big fuck off gig in Rome?

Aye, 500,000 according to the BBC!