Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Saw a heap of Irish talent last night in town (Dublin), with the pick of the bunch being The Murder Capital, always on form. Cannot wait to see them again at Glastonbury. Was it established where/when/how many times they are playing sorry @eFestivals ?

Fontaines levels were a bit off in sound levels, good show tho, Kneecap, would be interesting to see in the land of the Brits alright, Just Mustard sounded fantastic, been waiting almost two years to see them, nearly booked them to play The Spotted Dog in Bham if anyone knows it, fell through due to them getting support slots for Fontaines.

Oh yeah, and if anyone is interested, was told FDC second album is coming out in June,

1 minute ago, CJTM said:

Saw a heap of Irish talent last night in town (Dublin), with the pick of the bunch being The Murder Capital, always on form. Cannot wait to see them again at Glastonbury. Was it established where/when/how many times they are playing sorry @eFestivals ?

Fontaines levels were a bit off in sound levels, good show tho, Kneecap, would be interesting to see in the land of the Brits alright, Just Mustard sounded fantastic, been waiting almost two years to see them, nearly booked them to play The Spotted Dog in Bham if anyone knows it, fell through due to them getting support slots for Fontaines.

Oh yeah, and if anyone is interested, was told FDC second album is coming out in June,

I am very interested in both Murder Capital and FDC.

Can see MC doing a few sets next year. Williams Green/JP/Rabbit Hope Maybe.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I am very interested in both Murder Capital and FDC.

Can see MC doing a few sets next year. Williams Green/JP/Rabbit Hope Maybe.

Yep, ala following the FDC route of 2019 on the farm. JM will be there I am positive as well, Frank sounded good as audio last night. Did you catch any of the FDC sets last year? That rabbit hole set was the loudest gig I've ever been too, God Damn at the Hare & Hounds a close second

9 minutes ago, CJTM said:

if I remember rightly there were two different stories, one suggesting two shows and the other suggesting just one - so nothing I'd put a bet on.

9 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Yep, ala following the FDC route of 2019 on the farm. JM will be there I am positive as well, Frank sounded good as audio last night. Did you catch any of the FDC sets last year? That rabbit hole set was the loudest gig I've ever been too, God Damn at the Hare & Hounds a close second

Saw them in LeftField and loved it.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

if I remember rightly there were two different stories, one suggesting two shows and the other suggesting just one - so nothing I'd put a bet on.

Once will do me just fine, I think they'll make the first poster.

Do you think that is solely Glastonbury HQs choice who does/doesn't for the smaller acts, or do you think agents say we'll give you ABC high up on Pyramid & Other etc, if band XYZ playing JPT/Park etc are on the first poster for more exposure

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saw them in LeftField and loved it.

That was the 1/4 I missed, I am quite reserved at gigs now but you can see me on the beeb going mad down the front of the JPT slot in my GAA jersey like a pissed up loon

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Once will do me just fine, I think they'll make the first poster.

Do you think that is solely Glastonbury HQs choice who does/doesn't for the smaller acts, or do you think agents say we'll give you ABC high up on Pyramid & Other etc, if band XYZ playing JPT/Park etc are on the first poster for more exposure

I've no idea. I'd guess there's plenty of horse-trading goes on with bookers, but I'd always thought that would be about getting newer acts on the bill (in 'exchange' for a 'top' act too), and hadn't thought about it for the poster.

It's pretty clear something went on with Janet Jackson tho.

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Genesis 2021 Legends Slot?

If ELO can get booked for it there’s no reason why they can’t.

Yeah it’s a fair enough shout this far in advance.

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that would imply they're acts of the same level when they're not.

Genesis are much more Fleetwood Mac than ELO, and I doubt anyone would suggest Mac for the legends slot.

I'm still not even really sure who ELO even are....and I was there the year they played!

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that would imply they're acts of the same level when they're not.

Genesis are much more Fleetwood Mac than ELO, and I doubt anyone would suggest Mac for the legends slot.

I’ll admit that my knowledge of the 70’s prog bands and their current standing isn’t up to much but since reforming ELO have been regularly playing arenas and the odd enormous outdoor gig (Hyde Park, Wembley) - I would imagine that would be same level Genesis operate around.

I don’t think the comparison with FM stacks up as they broke into the mainstream in a much bigger way than the other two. 

Edited by Hugh Jass