Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

6 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Ha ha I literally bought tickets for The Beths album launch gig in July about 15 minutes ago. Came on to e-fests, clicked on an unread thread and this was the first unread post to pop up.

And I mean literally in the literal sense, not figuratively... remember when people knew what words meant? 😄

Where's the July gig? Assuming an online job or something?

Just now, Quark said:

Aha. So....not West Brom then? :lol:

You lucky buggers with your getting back to normal and going to gigs! Have a good one, proper jealous but enjoy!

Thanks, at the moment this will be my first post virus gig. Soooo looking forward to it.

West Brom, is home, been about  4 years since I left, never updated profile.

3 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Thanks, at the moment this will be my first post virus gig. Soooo looking forward to it.

West Brom, is home, been about  4 years since I left, never updated profile.

Guessed it was something along those lines ;)

That's going to be incredible, atmosphere at a first gig back is going to be something else!

How big are they in NZ?

Just now, Quark said:

Guessed it was something along those lines ;)

That's going to be incredible, atmosphere at a first gig back is going to be something else!

How big are they in NZ?

Not sure, mate wanted to go, I had heard the name but no tracks. Played 30 seconds of them on Spotify and my bank card was out 😊

1 minute ago, John the Moth said:

Not sure, mate wanted to go, I had heard the name but no tracks. Played 30 seconds of them on Spotify and my bank card was out 😊

It's a good call, seen them here a couple of times.  They sound really tight live, and they've got some great tunes. 

• Upvote 1

Loads of these drive in gigs being announced and I'm really not sure how I feel about not being able to find a spot with a good line of sight, perch at the bar if the support is less than ideal and have to drive home. I guess it's not that far removed from seated concerts.

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

It's not ideal but it's better than nothing

Whilst I understand that perspective, Mixmag posted an article about "drive in raves" the other day and it sounds dire:

"No alcohol will be served. Attendees will not be allowed to leave their vehicles except for toilet breaks. Toilets will be available on site but for emergency use only. They will be disinfected after each use"

https://mixmag.net/read/uk-first-drive-in-raves-news

7 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I'd rather shit in my hands and clap than go to a drive in concert. 

I do love that phrase :D

It's a tricky one.  As a concept it holds no joy for me, and for my own enjoyment I'd rather wait.  But if something was put on with bands that have had their income streams taken away and it's a way for them to earn some cash, I'd consider it.  Would only be of interest to me with smaller bands though; for bigger acts where money maybe isn't such a problem (and I'm speculating here) I'd be less inclined.

6 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Whilst I understand that perspective, Mixmag posted an article about "drive in raves" the other day and it sounds dire:

"No alcohol will be served. Attendees will not be allowed to leave their vehicles except for toilet breaks. Toilets will be available on site but for emergency use only. They will be disinfected after each use"

Lenor sales in the area are going through the roof!

21 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Actually, I'm reading the FAQs for this upcoming series of concerts and they said you will have "Your own dedicated area next to your vehicle is available for you to stand, or bring folding chairs to sit, and enjoy the performances. Please note umbrellas are not permitted"

45 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I'll be in the back of a mate's car chain-gunning cans and needing an emergency wee every 35 minutes.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Actually, I'm reading the FAQs for this upcoming series of concerts and they said you will have "Your own dedicated area next to your vehicle is available for you to stand, or bring folding chairs to sit, and enjoy the performances. Please note umbrellas are not permitted"

What about flags?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

surely it just encourages people to fill their cars ? as the one I looked at was charged per car not per person ... perfect for spreading amongst groups of 4 /5 ?

I guess the argument is that they encourage people to only attend with those in their household/bubble and better than spreading through the whole crowd? Should in theory be far easier to account for in track and trace for example.

3 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I guess the argument is that they encourage people to only attend with those in their household/bubble and better than spreading through the whole crowd? Should in theory be far easier to account for in track and trace for example.

track and trace ? whats that ? :) but yes in theory