Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

No gigs lined up now until the new year.  I know I should probably leave it like that and just enjoy a few weeks with no late nights as I'm fucking shattered at the moment. But, but, but...live music!

EDIT: Except for the Mark Chadwick solo set I've got next week that I'd completely forgotten about until I checked my emails :lol:

Edited by Quark

21 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Saw Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls last night in Cardiff. Was excellent, they did a solid 28 songs. Hoping he'll be at Glastonbury again in 2020.

Seeing them tomorrow night in Manchester. Saw the setlist, lots of rarities and deep cuts like Journey of the Magi, Isabel, Balthazar Impresario etc, looking forward to it.

4 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Seeing them tomorrow night in Manchester. Saw the setlist, lots of rarities and deep cuts like Journey of the Magi, Isabel, Balthazar Impresario etc, looking forward to it.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. He did a No Mans Land set first which was actually a really nice addition. The gig had loads of jokes and crowd interaction between every single song. Balthazar Impresario was a really good one. He didn't play If I Ever Stray though which is one of my favourites.

I have to admit I only knew a few of them as I'm a new fan, but really enjoyed it despite not knowing most of them! The sign of a great gig in my view ?

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I hear ya. Designated driver has its upsides. I've not seen Bazza and the Lads for a while. Might try and get to see them in Exeter in a couple weeks

If you're going to head for the Exeter show you might wanna get yerself a ticket pal

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Got a busy end to the year here... 

Quantic tomorrow

The National on Friday (in Copenhagen) 

The Comet is Coming on 03/12

Underworld on 05/12

White Lies on 06/12

The National on 08/12

Then I'm done til 2020.

Similar ones to me, sadly not seeing The National twice but enjoy! 

I've got Frank Turner, Sigrid, IDLES, White Lies, The Libertines, The National and Alter Bridge.

2 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I've got Frank Turner, Sigrid, IDLES, White Lies, The Libertines, The National and Alter Bridge.

Nice, are IDER still the support act for the rest of her tour? Loved their album this year, be interested to know what they're like live.

14 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

That's a damn fine list you have there! Yeah seeing The National twice wasn't intended but I ain't gonna complain. 

Any Yusuf / Cat Stevens UK tour rumours? I see he's doing various locations in Europe, with Cork most recently announced.

Really regret not seeing him last time around. My worry is he's being saved as a "sub" for the likes of BST Hyde Park, which either means I won't go see him, or I will but it'll be an abbreviated set and I'll be standing three quarters of the way back with the other penniless plebs.

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

Had Frank Turner & Whitney over the weekend - both really excellent.

Busy, varied week lined up with The Lightning Seeds, Giggs, Dido, Fontaines DC & Clairo!

Went to Whitney on Saturday. Enjoyed it,,... thought I was going to love it when originally booked it ages back, but since the 2nd album a little underwhelming for me. They were very good, and sounded great when on form, but second album tunes much weaker, for me. Confirmed my thoughts. 

20 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

Any Yusuf / Cat Stevens UK tour rumours? I see he's doing various locations in Europe, with Cork most recently announced.

Really regret not seeing him last time around. My worry is he's being saved as a "sub" for the likes of BST Hyde Park, which either means I won't go see him, or I will but it'll be an abbreviated set and I'll be standing three quarters of the way back with the other penniless plebs.

No news, but looking at his schedule the Friday looks the most likely. I’d definitely be seeing him if he’s there.