Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Hi, Just found out that Melvins are playing on 29/6 at Chalk in Brighton and that's the day I arrive to London. my flight should land at 14:00 at Heathrow and I wonder if it will be possible to make it. it's written that event time is 18:30-22:00, does it mean there will be support act? anyone knows when usually main act starts there? if someone wants to add how is this place for concerts that's will also be great . tnx

https://chalkvenue.com/live/melvins

3 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

Hi, Just found out that Melvins are playing on 29/6 at Chalk in Brighton and that's the day I arrive to London. my flight should land at 14:00 at Heathrow and I wonder if it will be possible to make it. it's written that event time is 18:30-22:00, does it mean there will be support act? anyone knows when usually main act starts there? if someone wants to add how is this place for concerts that's will also be great . tnx

Definitely do-able. 

14:00 heathrow land

14:30 out of heathrow

16:30 arrive at brighton ( 2 hour train roughly )

plenty of time to spare to sort luggage or whatever.

I'd expect the act to be on around 8:30 absolute earliest based off those timings

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, amfest12 said:

Don't know where you're coming from or if flights are already booked, but if you can fly to Gatwick it's an easy 30 mins-ish train to Brighton.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thinking she's probably going to rock up tbh. Park headliner? JP?

Classic name brand act, 10 years since she did a show over here. Rare act, good back catalogue. Could attract a decent audience, but probably better at night. I'm gonna say Park headliner.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

She's not heading Latitude, but I can't see anything about an exclusive (think I misremembered that or maybe it was erroneously reported as one).

I think it was announced as her first gig for X years but she's since announced others that have kiboshed that. 

• Upvote 1

Bit of a ticket splurge this morning. Afflecks Palace in Guildford and then Mogwai at Brighton Dome next week.

Be interesting to see Afflecks Palace (and support band Pastels) live.  They're both on the Spirit of Spike Island label and clearly hugely influenced (putting it mildly) by Stone Roses and the Madchester scene, so intrigued to see whether they come across as their own thing or a bit of a tribute acts. They've got some decent tunes and I enjoyed the album they released in 2021, so keeping optimistic!

36 minutes ago, Quark said:

Bit of a ticket splurge this morning. Afflecks Palace in Guildford and then Mogwai at Brighton Dome next week.

Be interesting to see Afflecks Palace (and support band Pastels) live.  They're both on the Spirit of Spike Island label and clearly hugely influenced (putting it mildly) by Stone Roses and the Madchester scene, so intrigued to see whether they come across as their own thing or a bit of a tribute acts. They've got some decent tunes and I enjoyed the album they released in 2021, so keeping optimistic!

Sentence confused the hell out of me for a while. Spent many a Saturday in Afflecks as a teen. 

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

If you were a fan of Squeeze back in the day, I would certainly recommend them… caught them back in October and they were excellent.

Always try and see them when they visit the city and when they play Glastonbury. The bandstand is a great venue, as long as it’s dry! 

• Upvote 1