Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

33 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Only the essentials to be taken!

Got it

1A82797C-943D-40A5-AE07-A865D9AA19ED.jpeg

I'd recommend a lenor bottle mate, you get a lid and everything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'd recommend a lenor bottle mate, you get a lid and everything.

Have you tried curling one out in a lenor bottle?

Just generally got excited by the Avalon announcement. Doonicans! Frank Turner! Bananarama! 

Edit - I just had this awful feeling. My emails have been playing up meaning I haven't been able to check them as thoroughly as normal. And I started to doubt whether I really did receive a confirmation email after paying the balance. My stomach was turning as I checked. But there it was  - phew!

Edited by Beerqueen

I just ordered a new pair of hiking type boots. I'll have to try them when they get here. 

Ive also been flipflopping back and forth about booking my flight to London. It's not far out now but flights have not gone on sale in the last 3 months and now i'm worried they're going to get more expensive. I just want to have everything sorted. 

I'm also considering going to Glastonbury a few days before and seeing the stuff around before the festival, but I need to get my shit together and plan some stuff. I feel like i'm really cutting things close this year. It's going to be May in a second. 

Set up my tent to check for holes and air it out. 

Got to say I would recommend this tent. It’s so spacious and the porch at the front makes for keeping bags and chairs and muddy shoes. Also pretty easy to put up and down, once you get the hang of it. 

I think it’s on offer for 79 pounds at decathlon at the mo.  

I want to sleep in it nowwwwwww. 

DD9DEDB0-B657-465E-96D1-0E8517026E83.jpeg

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I just ordered a new pair of hiking type boots. I'll have to try them when they get here. 

Ive also been flipflopping back and forth about booking my flight to London. It's not far out now but flights have not gone on sale in the last 3 months and now i'm worried they're going to get more expensive. I just want to have everything sorted. 

I'm also considering going to Glastonbury a few days before and seeing the stuff around before the festival, but I need to get my shit together and plan some stuff. I feel like i'm really cutting things close this year. It's going to be May in a second. 

The southwest is lovely apparently ... of course until you live there :) 

14 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Would definitely recommend staying in Glastonbury, it’s a great place with lots of interesting characters to meet and a fab way to start the festival, we always stay there on the Tuesday night. 

Charm x

9 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Started writing The List.

Is there a 'List' thread? If not, why not? LOVE a list 

10 hours ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Started writing The List.

Handwritten, Word or Excel? 

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Handwritten, Word or Excel? 

It should be done on a scroll .. to fit in with the new Shakespeare stage 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, hannaranks said:

Set up my tent to check for holes and air it out. 

Got to say I would recommend this tent. It’s so spacious and the porch at the front makes for keeping bags and chairs and muddy shoes. Also pretty easy to put up and down, once you get the hang of it. 

I think it’s on offer for 79 pounds at decathlon at the mo.  

I want to sleep in it nowwwwwww. 

We have this tent and used it for Boardmasters last year, it was brilliant! Really sturdy, spacious yet cosy, and the blackout was amazing - the best sleep we have ever had at a festival by far. 

It stood up really well against the cliff winds there as well. 

shorts have come out the wardrobe ... perfect Glastonbury prep .... although maybe not so good for the people of Taunton to get subjected to my legs this early in the year :) 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...unaccustomed as i am..."

(One for @Quarkperhaps)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

All these years I have been carrying my clashfinder about on three sheets of A3, much to the ridicule of my group. However I am thick skinned and a scroll it shall be, complete with wooden turny bits at the top and bottom. I wonder if you can get some brass caps for the end of the wooden turny thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Won a Mallets festival pack, just need a ticket for a the great festival now! 

Bought our tent, sleeping bags, rucksacks, bumbags and some other bits over this week, it's starting to feel real! 

Any recommendations on sleeping mats/alternatives?

Booked buses from bristol to the festival and back. Expensive enough at almost €50 return. Probably get some heavy drinking practice in this weekend as well

Edited by Madyaker

Received a very swift response to an email to the festival asking about taking a child's buggy on the Shuttle Bus from B&W Showground Drop & Collect Point.

(You can, btw).

On 4/16/2019 at 4:08 PM, dotdash79 said:

Only the essentials to be taken!

Got it

1A82797C-943D-40A5-AE07-A865D9AA19ED.jpeg

8SBvbIG.gif

Bought new hiking boots, which have carried me several hundred miles of hill walking, x8 Electric Picnic festivals (central Ireland) and x3 Glastonburys. Now to get them worn in. Don't forget - two pairs of thin socks is better than one thick pair, kids!

Retiring previous pair to the garden. So I have to garden now I guess.