What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Bought a self-inflating mat from Lidl. I've used my daughter's in the past but she wants to use it this year as she's coming - the cheek of it!  Checked out what cans they sell in there but haven't decided how I'm transporting booze yet as we're going by coach. Any ideas? 

25 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Bought a self-inflating mat from Lidl. I've used my daughter's in the past but she wants to use it this year as she's coming - the cheek of it!  Checked out what cans they sell in there but haven't decided how I'm transporting booze yet as we're going by coach. Any ideas? 

Would have thought the coop is going to be a popular option for booze amongst coach travellers ? 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Would have thought the coop is going to be a popular option for booze amongst coach travellers ? 

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that? I assume it will be pricier onsite but don't mind much if makes life easier. 

Properly started working out how we plan to get there today (by air or by sea). Its either fly in to Bristol and get the National Express to the festival or sail to Fishguard and drive.

On that, are any routes to the festival by car better than others? We’ve got a hotel provisionally booked in Bristol but could just as easily stay in Taunton or Yeovill if the traffic to the festival is better from the south?

58 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Properly started working out how we plan to get there today (by air or by sea). Its either fly in to Bristol and get the National Express to the festival or sail to Fishguard and drive.

On that, are any routes to the festival by car better than others? We’ve got a hotel provisionally booked in Bristol but could just as easily stay in Taunton or Yeovill if the traffic to the festival is better from the south?

Just fly to bristol and get the bus mate. Its the easiest way, weve done it for the last 2 festivals

10 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Just fly to bristol and get the bus mate. Its the easiest way, weve done it for the last 2 festivals

Yeah, 2 of us flew in for 2017 and it was pretty handy. That said, another 2 drove and took our tent so we didn’t have to bring it on the plane. There’s 6 of us this year though and it’s the getting the tents on to the plane that we’re trying to work out.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:44 PM, surfbunnyuk said:

Paid my balance and bought a new rucksack ❤️

I love new rucksack buying! I bought a new one for 2017s Glastonbury and it really made me happy! Have fun with yours!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Yeah, 2 of us flew in for 2017 and it was pretty handy. That said, another 2 drove and took our tent so we didn’t have to bring it on the plane. There’s 6 of us this year though and it’s the getting the tents on to the plane that we’re trying to work out.

Can you not just check in the tent and chip in the cost between ya. Either one or two tents between 6 of you? Keep the weight under I think around 15-20kg. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Can you not just check in the tent and chip in the cost between ya. Either one or two tents between 6 of you? Keep the weight under I think around 15-20kg. 

We’ve all got 2/3 person tents from going to various other festivals over the years so we’d really have to buy another one or two large tents (which we don’t really want to do as it’s pretty wasteful) or carry across 3 or 4 of our own tents.

We don’t mind paying extra for luggage on the plane but we’re also thinking that there’s a lot more freedom driving across. One big plus would be being able to bring a trolley with us which we’d probably have to forfeit if we fly and then get the coach.

43 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

We’ve all got 2/3 person tents from going to various other festivals over the years so we’d really have to buy another one or two large tents (which we don’t really want to do as it’s pretty wasteful) or carry across 3 or 4 of our own tents.

We don’t mind paying extra for luggage on the plane but we’re also thinking that there’s a lot more freedom driving across. One big plus would be being able to bring a trolley with us which we’d probably have to forfeit if we fly and then get the coach.

Lot more freedom with a car but i would fancy driving meself when I was feeling ropey as fuck after 5 days. Although a night booked in Bristol would be just the tonic. Love staying the night there, getting a nice long shower then some grub down by the waterfront in the sunshine. First proper glass with some chilled wine. Magic. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Lot more freedom with a car but i would fancy driving meself when I was feeling ropey as fuck after 5 days. Although a night booked in Bristol would be just the tonic. Love staying the night there, getting a nice long shower then some grub down by the waterfront in the sunshine. First proper glass with some chilled wine. Magic. 

Haha - way ahead of you. Whatever about getting over there, we've the way back sown up - a nice hotel in Bristol already booked for the Monday. Reintegration into society is a slow and steady process!

3 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Haha - way ahead of you. Whatever about getting over there, we've the way back sown up - a nice hotel in Bristol already booked for the Monday. Reintegration into society is a slow and steady process!

Is it one you've stayed in before? There's two with similar names and location. One is lovely and the other one is shit. 

On 4/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Sasperella said:

I've made a frankly ridiculous purchase that I don't even know if I have the nerve to wear... 

Hopefully the glorious June weather will mean it's too hot to wear it anyway! And it'll be far less easy to tie round my waist than a stack of hoodies. Much as I love the ostentatiousness of it, I think maybe tomorrow I'll be preparing for Glastonbury 2019 by returning it! 

Screenshot_20190403-110736.jpg

I’d fucking totally wear that. 

If my 3 year old daughter is dressing up as either Iron Man or a fairy I want a fluffy coat thing. 

• Upvote 1

We purchased our tent, camp stove and kettle, self inflating mattress and some other bits over the weekend. Got me all excited it did! 
Also grabbed a bargain pair of sick walking boots very very happy with them after years of welly-wearing on dog walks and festivals. 

54 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

We purchased our tent, camp stove and kettle, self inflating mattress and some other bits over the weekend. Got me all excited it did! 
Also grabbed a bargain pair of sick walking boots very very happy with them after years of welly-wearing on dog walks and festivals. 

I'm going to try and keep my sick-walking to a minimum this year.

Put up the tent, 1- to make sure its still okay, not moudly/no holes and 2 - to make sure i remember how it goes up (it was a new tent on the last outing) good news is its all fine, but a bit bigger than i recalled. need to make sure we find a space big enough.