Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

On 4/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Sasperella said:

I've made a frankly ridiculous purchase that I don't even know if I have the nerve to wear... 

Hopefully the glorious June weather will mean it's too hot to wear it anyway! And it'll be far less easy to tie round my waist than a stack of hoodies. Much as I love the ostentatiousness of it, I think maybe tomorrow I'll be preparing for Glastonbury 2019 by returning it! 

Screenshot_20190403-110736.jpg

I’d fucking totally wear that. 

If my 3 year old daughter is dressing up as either Iron Man or a fairy I want a fluffy coat thing. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Is it one you've stayed in before? There's two with similar names and location. One is lovely and the other one is shit. 

Yep. I’ve stayed in Bristol a few times now, we’ve got the nice one booked 👌🏻

Got my 20 year old festival shorts stitched up and and the pocket repaired. I thought they were for the bin but they can work magic these days. 

We purchased our tent, camp stove and kettle, self inflating mattress and some other bits over the weekend. Got me all excited it did! 
Also grabbed a bargain pair of sick walking boots very very happy with them after years of welly-wearing on dog walks and festivals. 

bought blueberries & vodka ready for infusions!!

Also got the trolley out ready for some tlc (aka check it won't break and pump the tyres up)

54 minutes ago, cb4747 said:

We purchased our tent, camp stove and kettle, self inflating mattress and some other bits over the weekend. Got me all excited it did! 
Also grabbed a bargain pair of sick walking boots very very happy with them after years of welly-wearing on dog walks and festivals. 

I'm going to try and keep my sick-walking to a minimum this year.

Bought cereal bars (like nutrigrain) by the bulk... On clearance 😁 always sorts everyone out on our travels round the site. Need some carbs and sugar to keep going #campmum

Put up the tent, 1- to make sure its still okay, not moudly/no holes and 2 - to make sure i remember how it goes up (it was a new tent on the last outing) good news is its all fine, but a bit bigger than i recalled. need to make sure we find a space big enough.

Transport sorted. Think that's every financial commitment sorted, bar food and drink. Assuming there's not a hole in my tent.

• Upvote 1

Looking for a way to strap my air bed/sleeping bag to my backpack, as it’s so bulky it won’t fit inside after I’d pack everything else. Anyone heard of straps you can get for the job? I’m not even sure such a thing exists.

17 minutes ago, Jay89 said:

Looking for a way to strap my air bed/sleeping bag to my backpack, as it’s so bulky it won’t fit inside after I’d pack everything else. Anyone heard of straps you can get for the job? I’m not even sure such a thing exists.

ratchet straps ? u looked at those ? they dont work their way loose like bungys do but id also tie it to the rucksack too with any cords that it might have just to make sure 

Had a listen to Billie Eilish and Lewis Capaldi, in order to have a bash at whatever’s new and down with the kids. 

Both absolutely dreadful, but at least now I know 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ratchet straps ? u looked at those ? they dont work their way loose like bungys do but id also tie it to the rucksack too with any cords that it might have just to make sure 

Great idea, thank you! Definitely better than nylon strap with plastic buckle. Now, to find one small enough not to look like I’ve just pulled it off the lorry in Calais 😂

2 hours ago, Jay89 said:

Great idea, thank you! Definitely better than nylon strap with plastic buckle. Now, to find one small enough not to look like I’ve just pulled it off the lorry in Calais 😂

usual suspects online amazon / eBay .. often see them in tk max too 

Edited by crazyfool1
its not tx maxi!!
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, The Nal said:

Got my 20 year old festival shorts stitched up and and the pocket repaired. I thought they were for the bin but they can work magic these days. 

Not that old, but repaired my festi cargo shorts last year with a lovely botch job. Once you get a comfy pair you don't wanna let go!

Climbed a mountain as part of a fitness regime*, only a little mountain but a mountain all the same, actually it may have been a hill, I don't know what the cut off is. Anyway, I didn't look back until I got to the top.**

*Walking a bit to get fit for the big G.

**I did.

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Climbed a mountain as part of a fitness regime*, only a little mountain but a mountain all the same, actually it may have been a hill, I don't know what the cut off is. Anyway, I didn't look back until I got to the top.**

*Walking a bit to get fit for the big G.

**I did.

As a munroist, 3000ft is a mountain anything less is a hill.

20 hours ago, Hawros said:

I'm going to try and keep my sick-walking to a minimum this year.

😉

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I walked up a hill.

Came down a mountain?

• Upvote 1

spent most of my time in work looking at hiking boots. I've decided that it isn't going to be as muddy as 2016 so will be able to get by with hiking boots (and trainers if it is gloriously dry, which it will be).

3 hours ago, Quark said:

Came down a mountain?

Relatively obscure, but i like it.

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

spent most of my time in work looking at hiking boots. I've decided that it isn't going to be as muddy as 2016 so will be able to get by with hiking boots (and trainers if it is gloriously dry, which it will be).

We had just walking boots in 2016 and it was glorious! So much easier than wellies. I don't know if we just had good boots/got lucky or what but i remember us both being quite annoyingly smug.