Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

wow ... these forums seem really busy at the moment ... is traffic good at the moment @eFestivals?  I know we have had a fallow year or is it just me getting slower ? 

Since finally securing tickets on Sunday, I've opened up the package containing my new rucksack ordered last week spurred on by the 'camping essentials' deals thread 😂 and also made some additions to my packing list... oh and booked the Tuesday off work!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

wow ... these forums seem really busy at the moment ... is traffic good at the moment @eFestivals?  I know we have had a fallow year or is it just me getting slower ? 

traffic's up a bit at the mo compared to most of April. Holidays always hit the traffic a bit.

Just now, eFestivals said:

traffic's up a bit at the mo compared to most of April. Holidays always hit the traffic a bit.

what about this year compared to a normal festival year ? 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

what about this year compared to a normal festival year ? 

it's down a little on 2017.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

cheers for the reply :) 

Just now, eFestivals said:

You need to start a baseless rumour that you've heard a big act is prepared to 'do a Who' and pull a show to play Glastonbury.  That'll send the forum into overdrive 😂😂

I have a big bi-monthly meeting which is always hard work. Today was the day. The next one was due to be on the morning of 25 June with me leaving immediately afterwards to travel down but then knowing that all the work generating from it would be waiting for me on my return. 

Today it was decided that the meeting would in future be quarterly. So next one won't be until July. Woop woop! 

And I can probably save a bit of money on my train ticket by being able to choose to travel at the cheapest time which I think is before the meeting would have finished. 

Edited by Beerqueen

17 hours ago, AS35DF said:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-8xl-8-person-tunnel-tent-15903010

Has anyone tried/had this 4 man tent from go outdoors? Price seems too good to be true. Very spacious and able to stand up in it. Thinking of buying, only 2 of us will be in it... worth it?

go_320912_a.jpg

I’ve used this tent for the last 3 festivals, it’s great, hasn’t had to stand up to any intense rain though but I’m sure it would be fine, had to get a new one for this year as it’s a bit heavy and I have to carry the tent in alone this year.

Charm x

That tent looks incredible for that price. Might be tempted myself.

16 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Just broke my boot virginity and bought a pair of these - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mh100-mid-mens-waterproof-walking-boots-grey-orange-id_8369974.html

Hopefully they should be able to handle most of what Glastonbury can throw at me, except 2016 conditions but that is not going to happen

Get yourself a pair of seal skinz socks and you should be fine even if it goes 2016 on us. 

• Like 1

Ordered wax earplugs after considered persusal of the Earplugs thread.

Mooched into town, bought new shorts, a sunhat, a sequin beret, a snakeskin turban and a multicolour mini cape! I only went to get some new jeans...

Checked Twitter and this forum on repeat for news and announcements

just efests and champions league .... just hoping for the same happy feeling in 90 mins ...who says men can't multi task 

Just booked my flights which is super exciting 

Unfortunately those flights have me coming and going from Luton Airport which just hurts 

Looked into trains - I can get the earlier train now which saves me £40 or so - so that's 7 pints paid for!

Done a bit of preparation work for my 4000th efest post :) ..... incoming soon :) 

Full on shopping mode now, picking up all sorts whenever I’m out. Self-inflating mats picked up and a Decathlon raid done. 

Bought this beauty today and keep watching the youtube video 😋 

its the Coleman fast pitch Air Valdes 4 with blackout bedroom 

https://www.coleman.eu/uk/popup.aspx?src=images/product/large/26803_1_.jpg

i also bought some Joules wellies (they WONT be needed) and some anti blister socks 

Edited by Glasto peaches
Added summit else to my post

11 minutes ago, Glasto peaches said:

Bought this beauty today and keep watching the youtube video 😋 

its the Coleman fast pitch Air Valdes 4 with blackout bedroom 

https://www.coleman.eu/uk/popup.aspx?src=images/product/large/26803_1_.jpg

i also bought some Joules wellies (they WONT be needed) and some anti blister socks 

That is a beauty - nice porch too

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 8:33 AM, Charm said:

I’ve used this tent for the last 3 festivals, it’s great, hasn’t had to stand up to any intense rain though but I’m sure it would be fine, had to get a new one for this year as it’s a bit heavy and I have to carry the tent in alone this year.

Charm x

I’ve got one too, it’s good quality, good headroom and plenty of space for two. Wouldn’t want 4 in it though!

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

I’ve got one too, it’s good quality, good headroom and plenty of space for two. Wouldn’t want 4 in it though!

Agreed, they always lie about how many people can fit in a tent.  

Charm x 

2 hours ago, Charm said:

Agreed, they always lie about how many people can fit in a tent.  

Charm x 

Yep, 2=1, 4=2, 6=3 etc etc.  And 1=coffin.

• Upvote 1