What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

well yesterday was the all important ' WBC Coach reservation day '

they all depart Tuesday 25th June

Birmingham 3pm Bristol 12 noon Bristol 5pm Cardiff 3pm Leeds 2pm Clowne 3pm Liverpool 2pm 
Manchester 2pm Glasgow 9am London 12 noon London 3pm London 5pm 

The WBC will book so many Coaches depending on the response - some will be 50 seat Coaches but others may be smaller.

If the Volunteer fails to book ' they lose their place ' so it is a very important form indeed.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:41 AM, TabulaRasa said:

Now that I have a ticket and can actually get excited, I just been done bought myself the Coleman blackout 4 man tent all to myself!

Hoping that will give me an extra hour or two of sleep.

Anyone else have one one these? Are they any good?

Don’t have one of these tents, but camp every summer with the kids and we now have similar “blackout” in the sleeping areas. Definitely makes a big difference to the light and a significant increase in sleep over our old tent! Can’t help the noise though... ?

I did my bit for ensuring we have a dry fest, as my Muck Boots arrived.

On discount here: https://www.wellywarehouse.co.uk/muck-boots-muckmaster-mid-moss

Don't wanna start up the wellies vs boots debate again, but have been hankering after these for a while. A little worried now I've heard they're prone to slipping off if the mud is gluey...

5 minutes ago, AS35DF said:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-8xl-8-person-tunnel-tent-15903010

Has anyone tried/had this 4 man tent from go outdoors? Price seems too good to be true. Very spacious and able to stand up in it. Thinking of buying, only 2 of us will be in it... worth it?

go_320912_a.jpg

I've seen that on a good offer occasionally from there and have attempted to buy it but they don't mail order, and the nearest store to me that had it in was 100 odd miles away and they wouldn't ship it or send it to the nearer store. Looks good though, eh?

50 minutes ago, AS35DF said:

https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/15903010/freedomtrail-sendero-8xl-8-person-tunnel-tent-15903010

Has anyone tried/had this 4 man tent from go outdoors? Price seems too good to be true. Very spacious and able to stand up in it. Thinking of buying, only 2 of us will be in it... worth it?

go_320912_a.jpg

We bought for this 2017 and it was great!

Really easy to assemble (basically just 3 huge poles and then pegged in) and really spacious inside. We had a blow up double mattress in the sleeping compartment and then kept all our bags, booze etc in the main porch bit.

Not too sure how waterproof it is but we will be taking again this year!

I've finally got some money freed up so I've had a very productive Glasto kind of day.

• Purchased a new tent for the festival (Quechua 3XL Fresh & Black 2-Second Pop Up)
  • Ordered a UK SIM card to use when I arrive in the country
  • Sorted my train travel from Castle Cary back to Frome on the Monday

Feels great!

2 hours ago, Hawros said:

I did my bit for ensuring we have a dry fest, as my Muck Boots arrived.

On discount here: https://www.wellywarehouse.co.uk/muck-boots-muckmaster-mid-moss

Don't wanna start up the wellies vs boots debate again, but have been hankering after these for a while. A little worried now I've heard they're prone to slipping off if the mud is gluey...

I've got an old pair, which never fall off, but without any grip so in mud I get to skid about. These look to have fabulous grip, but crikey, they're expensive. Might need to figure out how to add grip to mine - they are otherwise perfect in wet mud.

Since finally securing tickets on Sunday, I've opened up the package containing my new rucksack ordered last week spurred on by the 'camping essentials' deals thread ? and also made some additions to my packing list... oh and booked the Tuesday off work!

• Like 1

I have a big bi-monthly meeting which is always hard work. Today was the day. The next one was due to be on the morning of 25 June with me leaving immediately afterwards to travel down but then knowing that all the work generating from it would be waiting for me on my return. 

Today it was decided that the meeting would in future be quarterly. So next one won't be until July. Woop woop! 

And I can probably save a bit of money on my train ticket by being able to choose to travel at the cheapest time which I think is before the meeting would have finished. 

Edited by Beerqueen

17 hours ago, AS35DF said:

go_320912_a.jpg

I’ve used this tent for the last 3 festivals, it’s great, hasn’t had to stand up to any intense rain though but I’m sure it would be fine, had to get a new one for this year as it’s a bit heavy and I have to carry the tent in alone this year.

Charm x

16 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

Just broke my boot virginity and bought a pair of these - https://www.decathlon.co.uk/mh100-mid-mens-waterproof-walking-boots-grey-orange-id_8369974.html

Hopefully they should be able to handle most of what Glastonbury can throw at me, except 2016 conditions but that is not going to happen

Get yourself a pair of seal skinz socks and you should be fine even if it goes 2016 on us. 

• Like 1

Ordered wax earplugs after considered persusal of the Earplugs thread.

Mooched into town, bought new shorts, a sunhat, a sequin beret, a snakeskin turban and a multicolour mini cape! I only went to get some new jeans...

Checked Twitter and this forum on repeat for news and announcements