Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We need updates on the ongoing co-op beer and cider situation. 

Will definitely do that as soon as I hear anything. 

4 hours ago, kaytee... said:

They sold alcohol at Leeds last year. Mostly carlsberg/somersby with it being the bar sponsor. But they also had brookyln lager too, coop wine and spirit mixer cans. Alcohol was basically half of the shop's stock.

So depending who the main beer provider is at Glasto i'm guessing they'd have to stock that ??‍♀️

Cans of Tuborg? Fuck that

3 hours ago, Sezz said:

I stole some gaffa tape off my ex husband ?

Did you peel a bit off the rolls you have used to imprison him in the cellar?

1 hour ago, ceetee said:

Cans of Tuborg? Fuck that

Carlsberg also make Tuborg, so you’d like to think they’d have both (I’ll admit now I’m a huge and tedious beer snob, and I wouldn’t wash my wellies with either of those tasteless slops ??

5 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Carlsberg also make Tuborg, so you’d like to think they’d have both (I’ll admit now I’m a huge and tedious beer snob, and I wouldn’t wash my wellies with either of those tasteless slops ??

Likewise. Utter shite.

• Upvote 1

I'm brewing some beer (Timothy Taylor's Landlord) and have found my wellies.

Aired my tent out over the weekend, solar lights out in the garden charging up/testing, bought my new sleeping bag and rucksack (the 65L from Blacks!) ... going on a camping trip this weekend as prep :)

I say all this, but I'm still awaiting the resale to find out if I'm even going! #alwaysbeprepared

I drove back over night from Cornwall, went past the site - a practice route for the real deal after Sundays headliners!

Today I bought an inflatable pillow!

2017 Glastonbury destroyed my back, foolishly I still thought I could use my spare clothes as a make shift pillow just like Leeds fest 2009 - 2012. Turns out that's only okay when you're 17. 

3 hours ago, c8lin said:

If you have a try out let us know what it's like!

3 hours ago, c8lin said:

2017 Glastonbury destroyed my back, foolishly I still thought I could use my spare clothes as a make shift pillow just like Leeds fest 2009 - 2012. Turns out that's only okay when you're 17. 

My one luxury, I bring the pillow from my own bed. An experienced camper once told me that it’s the best way to acclimatise yourself to sleeping in a tent. Having said that it’s quite big to carry so might go inflatable this year.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Today im having a day off from Getting ready for Glastonbury ... Things nicely under control for a change :) 

That’s what you think, but the fact that you are on this site is in fact your mind preparing for the festival. There’s no such thing as a pre festival day off!?

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s what you think, but the fact that you are on this site is in fact your mind preparing for the festival. There’s no such thing as a pre festival day off!?

well ok ... there's a few things I need to decide on .... and I need to create a lineup shirt/ t-shirt for the year but cant do that till the lineup drops ..... need to call in an electrician to safety check the wiring on my suit any short circuits might make it look like I can actually dance so I cant be having that ... and decide on a camping mat that fits my camp bed ... and start my flavoured vodka for the year ... ok you win :) 

• Upvote 1

On 4/14/2019 at 12:38 PM, kaytee... said:

They sold alcohol at Leeds last year. Mostly carlsberg/somersby with it being the bar sponsor. But they also had brookyln lager too, coop wine and spirit mixer cans. Alcohol was basically half of the shop's stock.

So depending who the main beer provider is at Glasto i'm guessing they'd have to stock that ??‍♀️

What were the prices like please? Especially wine and mixer cans ? Xx

Went up in the loft to check equipment and found a new self inflating mat i’d forgotten i’d bought for last time plus a new water carrier and some other stuff. Just need to air tents ( gonna be a lovely Easter weekend) and sort the solar lights now. 

21 hours ago, c8lin said:

tenor.gif

Just popped over the train station from my office and bought my train tickets. Open return £37.50 any time of day travel from Southampton. That's not bad. I always pay the extra bit of money so that I can travel home very early Monday morning (I've seen people refused entry to the station for only having off peak tickets before). It's getting closer...!

16 hours ago, surfbunnyuk said:

What were the prices like please? Especially wine and mixer cans ? Xx

The little bottles of wine were about 2 quid and they had 10 packs of gordons and captain morgan mixer cans for no more than 15 quid. So a bit of a markup from supermarket prices but not too much

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Only the essentials to be taken!

Got it

1A82797C-943D-40A5-AE07-A865D9AA19ED.jpeg

I'd recommend a lenor bottle mate, you get a lid and everything.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1