Jump to content
Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Wow that's early!

 

 

I know, we did a test pitch last month as well.

 

Still have to figure foods and stuff but all the camping stuff is bought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I know, we did a test pitch last month as well.

 

Still have to figure foods and stuff but all the camping stuff is bought.

 I guess I'm a bit complacent now, I know I've got all the camping stuff so though I'll be making a list, it'll be nearer the time and I know it's just really working out what to take from what I've already got. And going by coach, it'll have to be only the essentials.  The spreadsheet I'm making is mainly working out what music I'm discovering and want to see/hear.

Edited by Beerqueen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought a new 14-foot trampoline for Lost Horizon. Not cheap and I can't in all honesty afford it. But our existing one is falling to pieces - and there's no price on the sheer unadulterated joy of naked trampolining!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With this weather I would expect all over the country back lawns are being turned into mini glastos as excited folk test out their tents, discover they havnt enough pegs, wonder how to get rid of that white mould that’s on the groundsheet and finally sit proudly in the tent drinking a cider! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mark Doran said:

Just bought a new 14-foot trampoline for Lost Horizon. Not cheap and I can't in all honesty afford it. But our existing one is falling to pieces - and there's no price on the sheer unadulterated joy of naked trampolining!

This ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleaned the tent last night and reproofed it today.  Not that I’ll need a waterproof tent, it’s just to appease the weather Gods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started looking at t-shirts. I tend to buy a few shirts relating to the year's acts. It's my half-arsed attempt at 'dressing up'. I don't have space to carry elaborate outfits, but I can wear a few topical t-shirts, which then immediately get relegated to 'indoor only' on my return home.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got the campervan through its MOT at the second attempt. I would normally been more thorough in preparing  it the first time round but this year a lack of time and the fact it hasn't been anywhere since 2017 meant a fail with binding brakes. 

Lost still to do before its ready for Glastonbury (actually Bearded Theory first) though, but it's a big tick in the list.

Edited by DarrenVonBoathook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revisited the big glasto packing list, and started pruning out the stuff I won't need / can't carry as I'll be on a staff coach this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kalifire said:

Started looking at t-shirts. I tend to buy a few shirts relating to the year's acts. It's my half-arsed attempt at 'dressing up'. I don't have space to carry elaborate outfits, but I can wear a few topical t-shirts, which then immediately get relegated to 'indoor only' on my return home.

Paging @bennyhana22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And so the infusions begin: 3 blueberry vodkas (1ltr vodka, 2 do dahs of blueberries to make up 1.5ltrs); 1 pineapple gin (1 ltr gin, 2 pineapples for 2 ltrs).

20190420_122427.thumb.jpg.f5dc8cc8bb49b8a978ac581b28b99945.jpg

Edited by hfuhruhurr
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, kalifire said:

Started looking at t-shirts. I tend to buy a few shirts relating to the year's acts. It's my half-arsed attempt at 'dressing up'. I don't have space to carry elaborate outfits, but I can wear a few topical t-shirts, which then immediately get relegated to 'indoor only' on my return home.

 

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Paging @bennyhana22

Despite being very busy (decking doesn’t stain itself, you know...), this issue is of such importance that, yes, I am prepared to give of my time and, with pictures provided, a formal assessment of your t shirt choices, Kali.

What can I say? I’m a giver. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Like most people I expect, sat in the sun drinking. Essential prep.

im going for a stripey tan effect ... much like I end up with at Glastonbury  ( no garden here unfortunately ... just a sort of balcony thing ) :(  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm moving to a new flat so too busy at the mo for any Glastonbury preparation. When back at work on Tuesday though I will begin writing a 'packing' list. I don't take much to the festival now but I do still always make a list of things just as a reminder. Plus, I like making lists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

And so the infusions begin: 3 blueberry vodkas (1ltr vodka, 2 do dahs of blueberries to make up 1.5ltrs); 1 pineapple gin (1 ltr gin, 2 pineapples for 2 ltrs).

20190420_122427.thumb.jpg.f5dc8cc8bb49b8a978ac581b28b99945.jpg

Will you leave these infusing until glasto? And then just drain? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laurenkfj said:

Will you leave these infusing until glasto? And then just drain? 

I would also like to know the process!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a bit of exercise to get fitter, then gardening and bbq and beer to train my stomach up for the food and drink of the promised land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting home brew beer and wine as well this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laurenkfj said:

Will you leave these infusing until glasto? And then just drain? 

 

2 hours ago, MJP said:

I would also like to know the process!

Blueberry: wash and dry 2 punnets and then put them in the freezer overnight - this breaks down the cells and releases the juice quicker. Add to jar, add 1 ltr vodka, squish blueberries and leave until the weekend before Glastonbury. Then strain (through a muslin cloth or similar) into a re-usable plastic bottle - it makes 1.5 ltrs, so still quite strong, so you might want to dilute when drinking - or be careful (I drank a ltr one wednesday afternoon, not entirely sure what happened that evening).

Pinneapple - no need to freeze, and you add gin this time, same process.

Don't be tempted to eat the fruit when finished - all the loveliness has gone in the spirit  and you're left with pulp.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

 

Blueberry: wash and dry 2 punnets and then put them in the freezer overnight - this breaks down the cells and releases the juice quicker. Add to jar, add 1 ltr vodka, squish blueberries and leave until the weekend before Glastonbury. Then strain (through a muslin cloth or similar) into a re-usable plastic bottle - it makes 1.5 ltrs, so still quite strong, so you might want to dilute when drinking - or be careful (I drank a ltr one wednesday afternoon, not entirely sure what happened that evening).

Pinneapple - no need to freeze, and you add gin this time, same process.

Don't be tempted to eat the fruit when finished - all the loveliness has gone in the spirit  and you're left with pulp.

Perfect, thank you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like many others up and down the country I've taken advantage of this gorgeous weather and had a trial tent erection with the Quecha fresh and black and what a gorgeous tent it is ... 6 mins to put up and probably less to put away in a lovely roomy bag ....slightly larger than expected and not quite as dark ... but it was 2pm so not sure I was being realistic  :) and yes you could probably add a minute or two for pegging it better but you get the idea 

IMG_3236.jpeg

IMG_3235.jpeg

IMG_3237.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...