Jump to content
Jne___

What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Tried on the jacket and it is amazing. Well worth £18

BA425B5A-95C1-47A4-A647-0321E626445F.jpeg

Is this the ebay one? I've been looking at something very similar (but bizzarely not for Glastonbury!) - how's the sizing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so would I have been .. post some of the photos on the photos thread after if she lets you :) 

Definitely, I can’t wait 😊 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, funkyuk said:

I tell the school I’m taking the kids.  I do the authorising, not the school.  If Glastonbury dates interfere with revision/exams, the kids don’t come.  If the kids aren’t  putting a shift in or showing a good attitude at school, they don’t come.  

Has she been before? Hope she has a wicked time and the photos are awesome 😎 

She went in 2014, an absolutely loved it. This is the first time since 2015 that we were lucky enough to get tickets 💕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, surfbunnyuk said:

She went in 2014, an absolutely loved it. This is the first time since 2015 that we were lucky enough to get tickets 💕

Have a fantastic time 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a second power pack today - boring, but celebrating that even the mundanest of ticks on my to do list brings me closer and closer to the day I'm back on the farm :danced:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Is this the ebay one? I've been looking at something very similar (but bizzarely not for Glastonbury!) - how's the sizing?

Yes it is, I went up 2 sizes as it’s Asian/ Italian sizing which it does say so it’s a xxl when it’s really an l or a small xl (if that makes sense)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

Yes it is, I went up 2 sizes as it’s Asian/ Italian sizing which it does say so it’s a xxl when it’s really an l or a small xl (if that makes sense)

Cheers - I'll get an alternative colour so we don't clash if I take it to Glastonbury 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Tried on the jacket and it is amazing. Well worth £18

BA425B5A-95C1-47A4-A647-0321E626445F.jpeg

Brandon?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a great big fuck off needle shoved into my spine full of pain killer/anti-inflamatory stuff. 

Cinderella I shall go to the ball....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently camping in Scotland ❄❄❄

 

1 hour ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently camping in Scotland ❄❄❄

Bloody hell, I live here and sitting with the central heating on full blast. Mind you it’s dry and sunny so tried out the solar lights that we use to pimp the tent! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

 

Bloody hell, I live here and sitting with the central heating on full blast. Mind you it’s dry and sunny so tried out the solar lights that we use to pimp the tent! 

Currently on Arran. Coped overnight thanks to numerous layers but on the beach this morning was bitter!! Camping with a broken arm is bullshit though: Glasto should be a piece of piss after this! 😂

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently on Arran. Coped overnight thanks to numerous layers but on the beach this morning was bitter!! Camping with a broken arm is bullshit though: Glasto should be a piece of piss after this! 😂

Hope you are enjoying it, weather lovely and sunny but the wind is biting cold. I can see the Arran hills from my front window! At least the midges havnt appeared yet! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started to break my boots in today - not bad, even with the new screw in my foot. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I established that my daughter doesn't mind sharing a tent with me so we only have to take one with us.  

I checked our rucksacks to try to establish whether I need to order the 85l one from Blacks on the other thread. We have four rucksacks but none are marked with their size so may have to visit Blacks to see what an 85l one looks like. The ones that we have have been fine in the past but.... Well a bargain's a bargain... 

Tweeted the co-op to ask if they'll be selling beer. They can't say yet. 

Wondered whether it's too soon to find my packing list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently on Arran. Coped overnight thanks to numerous layers but on the beach this morning was bitter!! Camping with a broken arm is bullshit though: Glasto should be a piece of piss after this! 😂

C69FAAF7-6B8B-4AE1-B1BA-967DB56AC2D1.jpeg.1ecae6b5d590c0f088e2173eae788712.jpegthis was tonight’s sunset over Arran. The hills formation is known locally as the sleeping warrior. If you look carefully they give that impression.  I still think however that it will be bloody cold camping out over there tonight! 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought a water container for the tent. Bought a hard sided one as the fold up type are a challenge for my daughter to pick up and operate as they have a mind of their own when filled with water. 

2016's solar lights are in the garden now, so bought new ones to mark up the tent. They will join previous ones in the back garden afterward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Gedh said:

2016's solar lights are in the garden now, so bought new ones to mark up the tent. They will join previous ones in the back garden afterward.

Bought what’s meant to be solar powered fairy lights for the same reason and it turned out to be battery ones. suppose if I wrap it up in carrier bag it should get wet and stop working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jay89 said:

Bought what’s meant to be solar powered fairy lights for the same reason and it turned out to be battery ones. suppose if I wrap it up in carrier bag it should get wet and stop working.

Stick them in a sandwich bag, fold over the top and tie them on to the tent with string. You can get to the switch through the bag normally.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Stick them in a sandwich bag, fold over the top and tie them on to the tent with string. You can get to the switch through the bag normally.

or maybe get some of the ziplock ones ... I find these have all sorts of uses on the farm ... keeping toilet roll dry for starters :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I established that my daughter doesn't mind sharing a tent with me so we only have to take one with us.  

I checked our rucksacks to try to establish whether I need to order the 85l one from Blacks on the other thread. We have four rucksacks but none are marked with their size so may have to visit Blacks to see what an 85l one looks like. The ones that we have have been fine in the past but.... Well a bargain's a bargain... 

Tweeted the co-op to ask if they'll be selling beer. They can't say yet. 

Wondered whether it's too soon to find my packing list. 

We need updates on the ongoing co-op beer and cider situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...