New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

my reading of that is that those who arrive over Tuesday night will not be permitted to go and queue at the gate, instead they'll have to spend their night in their car.

It makes sense, cos a big queue outside of the main security checks is more vulnerable for the longer time that queue exists for.

8am, everyone gets out of their cars at the same time and manage to instantly form an orderly queue.  This is begging to be turned into a social experiment.

Just now, p.pete said:

8am, everyone gets out of their cars at the same time and manage to instantly form an orderly queue.  This is begging to be turned into a social experiment.

that's pretty much what they do anyway for the gate near East CV (is it gate C? I never know) - so they already know they can do it.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

that's pretty much what they do anyway for the gate near East CV (is it gate C? I never know) - so they already know they can do it.

Fair enough - I've only come in that way once in 2011 - think we arrived 7am and the gate through the CV was already open, with not so much of a queue into the gate (yes, gate C).  I've not experienced being kept in cars arriving earlier to other gates, but interested to see how it'll work.

Definitely agree that the queue is the major security risk, and having it stood outside a closed gate for several hours seems a bit pointless.

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Fair enough - I've only come in that way once in 2011 - think we arrived 7am and the gate through the CV was already open, with not so much of a queue into the gate (yes, gate C).  I've not experienced being kept in cars arriving earlier to other gates, but interested to see how it'll work.

Definitely agree that the queue is the major security risk, and having it stood outside a closed gate for several hours seems a bit pointless.

I'm not entirely sure how they work it, I've just seen them all being let thru at a time somewhen close to 8am. One year recently I saw them having been let thru to a field one back from the gate (at about 7.15), where they were being held back again before being allowed to the gate.

On 13/06/2017 at 7:43 AM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Take all your contraband in on one go, then use the Lock Ups to store your gear. Take a bit out of the lock up every time you need some. Oh, and please feel free to make a donation to the charity running what can only be described as an exemplary service. :)

Issue is that the lockups only open on Wednesday, and I will be on and off site a bit before then...  

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not entirely sure how they work it, I've just seen them all being let thru at a time somewhen close to 8am. One year recently I saw them having been let thru to a field one back from the gate (at about 7.15), where they were being held back again before being allowed to the gate.

What do we think this will mean for those in campervans who usually congregate at the top of the hill of death overlooking gate C in a Tuesday night for beers, smokes and to gaze out over the site?

1 minute ago, Greenelk said:

What do we think this will mean for those in campervans who usually congregate at the top of the hill of death overlooking gate C in a Tuesday night for beers, smokes and to gaze out over the site?

I'm guessing but I don't think that will be a problem, it's much fewer people and less dense than a queue.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Someone I know has emailed the festival to ask if they can join friends in East CV fields on Tuesday after parking their car. They were told that they couldn't and would need to remain in their car. 

So I am guessing everyone will be held in the car parks this year. 

5 hours ago, Penrhos said:

I do object to potentially getting a criminal record for possession of personal quantities of goodies (as some of us don't drink alcohol and prefer safer alternatives). Dealers get what they deserve. 

Absolutely fecking amazing logic. NOT.

6 hours ago, Penrhos said:

I do object to potentially getting a criminal record for possession of personal quantities of goodies (as some of us don't drink alcohol and prefer safer alternatives). Dealers get what they deserve. 

I take it from that that you grow your own weed, and, if it's your bag, synthesis your own class A's? If you don't do this then unless you are in possession of a real working magic wand, then you have to get your stuff off another human being ie. a dealer. Fair enough if you can produce your own, but not everybody is in the position to grow their own, or synthesis their own class A's. Therefore they have no choice but to use a dealer. And let's face it, if you are buying quantities for personal use (even if those quantities are large) then it's almost  inevitable that your 'dealer' is a user who is funding his / her own habit by selling drugs. I've spent a life time of dealing with drug dealers and have only ever once come across one that was 'clean' and only ever doing it for the money. Your comment that drug dealer get what they deserve is universally unfounded, in my opinion.

8 hours ago, Penrhos said:

What a load of Bollox.. But I'll upvote you cos no one likes a down vote this near glasto