brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah I'd appreciate a bit of info too!

and whoever else said they would appreciate it:

i will, as i did last year, report what is going on from the front of the queue. 

also the security was definitely heavier last year than it has been in previous years. i'd say i was one of the first 150 people at gate D and they patted all of us down and checked in a rotation one persons backpack, one persons hand bag, one persons trolley. then we were funnelled through to the zig zag queueing area just before pgD. 

so imagine it will be the same just plus potentially armed police and dogs 

1 hour ago, I feel like Pablo said:

and whoever else said they would appreciate it:

i will, as i did last year, report what is going on from the front of the queue. 

also the security was definitely heavier last year than it has been in previous years. i'd say i was one of the first 150 people at gate D and they patted all of us down and checked in a rotation one persons backpack, one persons hand bag, one persons trolley. then we were funnelled through to the zig zag queueing area just before pgD. 

so imagine it will be the same just plus potentially armed police and dogs 

Cheers! 

2 hours ago, Chazwozza said:

Now this I have to see..... 2 slabs of beer, check.  One roll of black tape, check.  Scrotum ready?  check......

Also I don't even have one and this made me wince!

Another long time lurker! 

I can't see them searching everyone just seems a physical impossibility! Although if that's what they're doing I'll grin and bear it like the rest of us. Friend at download said they did basic searches and they were asked what was in their bags rather than a thorough search. Apparently security were searching if looked dodgy! 

On that note what do people think about taking poi in? Specifically fire poi? I thought I'd read something about pyrotechnics now banned at festivals... Is that right? 

1 minute ago, ivegotpixiesinmyhead said:

On that note what do people think about taking poi in? Specifically fire poi? I thought I'd read something about pyrotechnics now banned at festivals... Is that right? 

Poi is banned.

Fire poi is banned.

Thinking about poi is banned.

Everything has been banned apart from spoons, paranoia, full cavity searches and armed police.

Have a good festival.

6 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

Emily mentioned in an interview with 6music that there will be extra space for searches at the gates, it will be interesting to see just how much space that is.

Yeah, some gates are a bit tighter than others...

Fire poi are now illegal with 3 months stir (same as at football matches) and with the hysteria in the press over ISIS we all need to be protected (even though you're more likely to die going to the festival in the car) and if something did happen would it be the death of Glastonbury?

Exploding dogs I don't mind, searches for knives, weapons, explosives I don't mind. 

I do object to potentially getting a criminal record for possession of personal quantities of goodies (as some of us don't drink alcohol and prefer safer alternatives). Dealers get what they deserve. 

5 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Fire poi are now illegal with 3 months stir (same as at football matches) and with the hysteria in the press over ISIS we all need to be protected (even though you're more likely to die going to the festival in the car) and if something did happen would it be the death of Glastonbury?

Exploding dogs I don't mind, searches for knives, weapons, explosives I don't mind. 

I do object to potentially getting a criminal record for possession of personal quantities of goodies (as some of us don't drink alcohol and prefer safer alternatives). Dealers get what they deserve. 

You can't have one without the other though? In an ideal world stuff is legal/regulated etc but until then you need your dealer so I can't comprehend the logic there. 

My logic is slightly different. I don't see the value in slapping people with a criminal record for possession. Nothing changes in the world for the better when that happens. Just some poor bastard has a criminal record.

To an extent I understand going after dealers. Going after the people at the end of the chain just feels like sour grapes from the police because they missed about 400 other transactions up to that point.

20 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

You can't have one without the other though? In an ideal world stuff is legal/regulated etc but until then you need your dealer so I can't comprehend the logic there. 

Half a dozen little autoflowering plants grown on a south facing balcony lasts me at least a year, no dealers involved 

24 minutes ago, Joeskeppi said:

My logic is slightly different. I don't see the value in slapping people with a criminal record for possession. Nothing changes in the world for the better when that happens. Just some poor bastard has a criminal record.

To an extent I understand going after dealers. Going after the people at the end of the chain just feels like sour grapes from the police because they missed about 400 other transactions up to that point.

I completely agree that it's petty going for end users and definitely smacks of sour grapes but to be a user of something illicit (as I presumed the original poster was) but then be like 'sod dealers' seems to be a bit hypocritical. 

22 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Half a dozen little autoflowering plants grown on a south facing balcony lasts me at least a year, no dealers involved 

That's great. I'd hope as many people as possible could get their bud that way but:
i) Do people north of - say - Birmingham have much chance of getting something to bear fruit? (Genuine question) and what if you don't have suitable facilities south facing or otherwise?

ii) That works for one substance. Not everyone is a chemist with regards to others. 

Edited by popcornmaster

2 minutes ago, popcornmaster said:

I completely agree that it's petty going for end users and definitely smacks of sour grapes but to be a user of something illicit (as I presumed the original poster was) but then be like 'sod dealers' seems to be a bit hypocritical. 

That's great. I'd hope as many people as possible could get their bud that way but:
i) Do people north of - say - Birmingham have much chance of getting something bear fruit? (Genuine question) and what if you don't have suitable facilities south facing or otherwise?

ii) That works for one substance. Not everyone is a chemist with regards to others. 

Obviously i am as far south as you can get, but i would guess with a little research into what seeds you buy you would have a fighting chance further up country. From bitter experience with mildew they don't like it cold and wet though.

I take your point about less organic products.

3 minutes ago, chimpola said:

Any one else pick up on this statement from the BBC website?

Fans who arrive before the gates open have been warned they will "be expected to remain in their cars", as the tradition of providing early access to car parks has been suspended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40273111

I noticed that. I assume just bad phrasing/lack of understanding on the BBC's part? The advice given in the recent email/on the official website still say car parks will be open from 9pm on Tuesday. I can only assume they may be a bit more careful of letting people wander around outside the cars or start to queue early?

We always aim to arrive at the car parks for around 6/7am, by the time the cars are unloaded and we've got to the gates they have opened and we wait with a couple of ciders!

Can't help you there! Didn't manage to get tickets last year, but I have to admit my first thought when they said 8am was that it seemed much earlier than in previous years. The last time we were there I remember leaving Manchester at 4am to get there for when the gates were opening which I feel would put it as the gates opening around 10am -  but I could be wildly wrong about that!

2 hours ago, popcornmaster said:

Not really. I have a bank account but bankers can fuck off.

And I rent but estate agents are generally all dicks.

1 hour ago, chimpola said:

Any one else pick up on this statement from the BBC website?

Fans who arrive before the gates open have been warned they will "be expected to remain in their cars", as the tradition of providing early access to car parks has been suspended.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40273111

my reading of that is that those who arrive over Tuesday night will not be permitted to go and queue at the gate, instead they'll have to spend their night in their car.

It makes sense, cos a big queue outside of the main security checks is more vulnerable for the longer time that queue exists for.