New security measures in place

brettredmayne

14 minutes ago, Laurenkfj said:

Anyway, they've replied and said no glass anywhere on site.

That's how I understood it and I've seen and heard of people having compacts etc taken away from them as well as all the perfume bottles and tubs of peanut butter with the drugs stuffed inside etc

Really easy to take a metal mirror - the plastic ones are a big shonky, best kept in a sleeve of some kind or they scratch up fast.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, i have a little information from a local source. as somebody who's been freaking out hugely about the extra searches, and the possibility of a stash being found, it put my mind at ease a bit

- they said the festival is using the 'pack light' line as an excuse to try to discourage you from bringing you own alcohol (boo)

- they've been told there will be sniffer dogs sniffing for explosives to speed things up

not sure if this helps anyone :)

3 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

- they said the festival is using the 'pack light' line as an excuse to try to discourage you from bringing you own alcohol (boo)

Never gonna happen! But if people did bring less they'd need to staff and stock twice the amount of bars on site. Personally I've never waited more than 5 mins to get a drink at a bar at Glasto - which is immeasurably quicker than you local 'spoons of a weekend!

18 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

they said the festival is using the 'pack light' line as an excuse to try to discourage you from bringing you own alcohol (boo)

Absolute codswallop.

I can't for one minute imagine the Festival being so crass as to say 'hey I know, if we make a thing out of the terrorism risk we can cut down on rubbish, get the WBC profits up and....oh yeah, make people feel safe all at the same time.  Everyone's a winner!'

Lies and subterfuge aren't their style.

I worked at a gig at Murrayfield on Friday night.  The enhanced security was widely publicised, and was basically armed police (some were super hot - love police with guns) and sniffer dogs who were looking for explosives.  All the handlers and armed policemen were friendly and I don't think the searches took too much time for people coming in...

3 minutes ago, LynseyDiva said:

I worked at a gig at Murrayfield on Friday night.  The enhanced security was widely publicised, and was basically armed police (some were super hot - love police with guns) and sniffer dogs who were looking for explosives.  All the handlers and armed policemen were friendly and I don't think the searches took too much time for people coming in...

Nice post Lynsey.

You strike me as the kinda lady who - as the demonstrative host chef on Come Dine With Me - has a semi-naked waiter in a bow tie and flirts outrageously with the young lad of the group causing him to blush and choke slightly on your baked Camembert. 

And I mean that in the nicest possible way. 

20 hours ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

It's probably already been mentioned but just in case... I spoke to my mate who's on site now working the Trump's Wig and Other Animals stage and he said that knives are completely banned from site. In place of knives, spoons must be used at all times. Italian based food proprietors unaffected however preparations are being made to issue gigantic spoons for use by kebab personnel.

Stay safe, stay spoon.

p37YeVT4pszp3bjCpXWA1OuhqbI=.gif

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

Nice post Lynsey.

You strike me as the kinda lady who - as the demonstrative host chef on Come Dine With Me - has a semi-naked waiter in a bow tie and flirts outrageously with the young lad of the group causing him to blush and choke slightly on your baked Camembert. 

And I mean that in the nicest possible way. 

I will take that as a compliment! (I think...) :lol:

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Absolute codswallop.

I can't for one minute imagine the Festival being so crass as to say 'hey I know, if we make a thing out of the terrorism risk we can cut down on rubbish, get the WBC profits up and....oh yeah, make people feel safe all at the same time.  Everyone's a winner!'

Lies and subterfuge aren't their style.

hey i'm not saying it's lies and subterfuge, you don't have to believe me anyway :) i'm just saying what i've heard from a pilton villager. 

ive also seen it suggested way back on this thread that they are also using this a reason to deter people from bringing more than they can carry.

remember last year or the year before when they emailed us all saying no trolleys allowed and quickly backtracked after the uproar? i feel like that was definitely targeted at stopping people bringing more alcohol than they can carry and it's quietly and conveniently tying the two together.  

thats just my thoughts on it, could obviously be complete bollocks :) 

28 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

hey i'm not saying it's lies and subterfuge, you don't have to believe me anyway :) i'm just saying what i've heard from a pilton villager. 

ive also seen it suggested way back on this thread that they are also using this a reason to deter people from bringing more than they can carry.

remember last year or the year before when they emailed us all saying no trolleys allowed and quickly backtracked after the uproar? i feel like that was definitely targeted at stopping people bringing more alcohol than they can carry and it's quietly and conveniently tying the two together.  

thats just my thoughts on it, could obviously be complete bollocks :) 

ahh one of those Pilton Villager rumours ;) like the festival is moving etc

oh! sorry, i didn't realise the festival was untouchable and unable to be extremely  mildly criticised :/ (not even sure you can call it criticism, it's just a comment)

not exactly sure what i (or the person who mentioned it) would gain from just making something up out of thin air, i was just sharing something which appeared to corroborate what i have read on this thread. 

in fact, i was acually trying to put people's mind at ease: that you should bring as much as you usually should and not to be deterred by being told to 'pack light' at the expense of trying to save yourself money by bringing a camping stove and equipment (as a few people had mentioned previously on the thread). 

and also trying to say that the sniffer dogs will mean that every single person won't need to be searched, as was speculated by multiple people, and will save time and queues.  

many people have expressed concern about the time it will take if every person is searched. 

my friends and i will be queuing from tuesday evening, so i will be reporting back about what is actually going on security-wise as it happens.

or i will be trying to report back, who knows i could be dismissed as making it up <_<

Edited by I feel like Pablo
weird wording

27 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

in fact, i was acually trying to put people's mind at ease: that you should bring as much as you usually should and not to be deterred by being told to 'pack light' at the expense of trying to save yourself money by bringing a camping stove and equipment (as a few people had mentioned previously on the thread). 

and also trying to say that the sniffer dogs will mean that every single person won't need to be searched, as was speculated by multiple people, and will save time and queues.  

many people have expressed concern about the time it will take if every person is searched. 

my friends and i will be queuing from tuesday evening, so i will be reporting back about what is actually going on security-wise as it happens.

or i will be trying to report back, who knows i could be dismissed as making it up <_<

Take no notice of folk on here, everything gets analyzed to death, torn apart and twisted into something else.... so try not to take it personally it what happens on forums :)

It's okay place on here, but the odd wtf mumble to yourself goes without saying with some threads and posts lol

43 minutes ago, I feel like Pablo said:

Dogs can't detect knives so every bag wil be searched. Please do not report back live about how the searching is going on, that's just so dull,and could potentially put people at risk, and compromise security. I just wish @efestivals closed this thread, your going to get searched,get over it , grow some balls, and don't tell the whole world how tight or not security is.

1 minute ago, mrfunk said:

Dogs can't detect knives so every bag wil be searched. Please do not report back live about how the searching is going on, that's just so dull,and could potentially put people at risk, and compromise security. I just wish @efestivals closed this thread, your going to get searched,get over it , grow some balls, and don't tell the whole world how tight or not security is.

Yeah fuck free speech and all that, as for `grow some balls` how do you expect our female efesters to partake in that? someones been drinking their paranoid wannabe security services employee juice this evening lol

1 minute ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Yeah fuck free speech and all that, as for `grow some balls` how do you expect our female efesters to partake in that? someones been drinking their paranoid wannabe security services employee juice this evening lol

Nope just fed up with the winging on here.    I really don't think it's wise to publicly broadcast how people are being searched, and how the gate security is. That's not being paranoid, that's common sense, surely? 

The security and GFL are trying this to make the festival safer, isn't that what you want as well? 

Loose lips, sink ships

6 minutes ago, mrfunk said:

Nope just fed up with the winging on here.    I really don't think it's wise to publicly broadcast how people are being searched, and how the gate security is. That's not being paranoid, that's common sense, surely? 

The security and GFL are trying this to make the festival safer, isn't that what you want as well? 

Loose lips, sink ships

I dont call discussing the thread topic `whinging` at all nor do I think that anyone wanting to know what the security is like for glastonbury would have to rely on the efestivals message board to find that information out........or are we all going to be searched under cover of tents so noone can see how its being done? and noone could possibly be familiar with how a large event is going to handle security threats without checking efests now could they? They will use dogs, they will search people and they will be stricter then other years, thats not exactly classified info mate the festival publicised it themselves!