New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Could they have the searches further back in the fields anywhere and then filter people into the normal gates once they've been searched ? 

I think this would just make the queue not move though as they would need tables alongside the queue. Unless you have tables snaking all around the queues then not everybody is going to get searched. I'm also not sure how it could be policed that everyone has been searched that way. Point of entry is the most secure way of being searched but it would literally take about 4 hours in a queue to get in if they searched everyone thoroughly

I think they'll combat proper bag searches by searching almost everyone's car or at least having sniffer dogs poke their heads in.

1 minute ago, rpfranks said:

I think this would just make the queue not move though as they would need tables alongside the queue. Unless you have tables snaking all around the queues then not everybody is going to get searched. I'm also not sure how it could be policed that everyone has been searched that way. Point of entry is the most secure way of being searched but it would literally take about 4 hours in a queue to get in if they searched everyone thoroughly

I think they'll combat proper bag searches by searching almost everyone's car or at least having sniffer dogs poke their heads in.

sniffer dogs are only able to work for a short period of time ... so unless they find hundreds of sniffer dogs this isn't going to happen unfortunately 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

sniffer dogs are only able to work for a short period of time ... so unless they find hundreds of sniffer dogs this isn't going to happen unfortunately 

I guess they would have to adopt a similar policy to before now, search most people's cars and have sniffer dogs milling about at peak times

1 hour ago, rpfranks said:

Important to remember no glass and that does include perfume and aftershave. So maybe best to leave that at home with these supposed additional searches

I never take perfume with me... I always just put a couple of squirts on my clothes before I pack them. Saves space and makes my bag smell nice :D 

I'm thinking this will all be fine. Your naughties go in an orifice, as always (giggle giggle). Just be thoughtful with all other packing, i.e. making things accesible.These extra searches are for everybody's benefit and i'm confident we shall all go to the ball. The recent attrocities mean these things are going to happen at all large public events. What we shouldn't do is make things difficult and prolong the process. And remember to not be angry if things do take a while longer. Anger comes back at you but so does kindness.To quote somebody smarter than me "Better to Live In Peace than Rest In peace" Keep the faith and party.

2 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

That'll be perfect for racking out lines in my tent. Cheers!

You'll be popular if you post where you pitch. Mind you I've got a van with a glass topped hob and a toilet so i'd be double popular when the shitters are brimmed.

2 hours ago, rpfranks said:

Not sure about mirrors but re: perfume/deodorant they generally say nothing over 100ml I think. I have seen those large cans spray binned before, and I remember something on the website FAQs about what to bring stating so also

Important to remember no glass and that does include perfume and aftershave. So maybe best to leave that at home with these supposed additional searches

They don't have airport rules in place, it's just glass they don't want and it doesn't matter about the size..

Do you think they will take compacts too? as my face powder that is in a plastic compact case has an in-build mirror and so does my eye shadow compact... I really hope this type of thing does get taken too as you're going to have a lot of upset women otherwise, as most compact makeup has mirrors in them :(

Edited by shoptildrop

3 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

They don't have airport rules in place, it's just glass they don't want and it doesn't matter about the size..

ah, I was sure I saw it in FAQs before, just checked and it was Reading Festival that banned aerosols over 100ml, my bad!

1 minute ago, rpfranks said:

ah, I was sure I saw it in FAQs before, just checked and it was Reading Festival that banned aerosols over 100ml, my bad!

That's cos Reading is full of dickheads lobbing em onto campfires on the Sunday evening.

6 minutes ago, Iron14 said:

That's cos Reading is full of dickheads lobbing em onto campfires on the Sunday evening.

If you think that's bad you should go Leeds. Tents on fire, the lot

Edit: don't go

Edited by rpfranks

3 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

Leeds is the only out of the two i've been to, few times. Just know Reading is the same. Full of w*nkers. Great when you're 16/17 though.

1 minute ago, Iron14 said:

Leeds is the only out of the two i've been to, few times. Just know Reading is the same. Full of w*nkers. Great when you're 16/17 though.

I've been both, only went to Leeds once in 2009 though when I was 17/18, people actually setting tents on fire with people in them.

10 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

it used yo be really bad but think its calmed down over the years...in 2008/09 there was defo tent burning and telegraph pole being pulled down but year or two ago it was fine (or less crazy anyway)

7 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

I've been both, only went to Leeds once in 2009 though when I was 17/18, people actually setting tents on fire with people in them.

2009 was a really bad year, some epic crowd crush too... i feared for my life after Radiohead, ended up climbing up some stacked fencing to stop being crushed

Sunday night remember sitting in some abandoned chair watching several things go up in flames in the campsite, scary stuff!! :huh:

Just now, shoptildrop said:

it used yo be really bad but think its calmed down over the years...in 2008/09 there was defo tent burning and telegraph pole being pulled down but year or two ago it was fine (or less crazy anyway)

Leeds '03 was my Vietnam. 

Seeing the brown smoke from the burnt out toilets move itself over the campsite on the Monday morning was a sight (and smell) I'll never forget