New security measures in place

brettredmayne

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

where do you camp, Mr Z? I'm already fretting at arriving at about 14.30 on the Wednesday and not being able to find anywhere decent to pitch up

Don't worry, we'll probably all still be in the queue:lol:

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

Also on site they'll be more visible, will be wearing black shirts, vest armour and will be filming everyone with their pocket camera things.

Not a fan of this at all.

You reckon they're doing it to collect funny fail videos of people falling over?

You worried that your carefully-built identity as a spy for a shady government agency will be blown through inter-agency incompetence now that someone saw and identified you from footage pulled from a body cam someone was wearing?

I don't get the negativity about increased security, whose purpose is basically to prevent harm coming to us

If you are put on edge by the presence of security staff and police, whose presence there is almost entirely to protect you and other festivalgoers from harm in the event of an emergency, then you probably shouldn't be going to one of the largest music festivals around in the first place

I feel more at ease knowing there are extra security measures. I'm not worrying about having a tag on my bag or having to wait longer. 

It's Glastonbury - Glastonbury excitement trumps absolutely everything

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Ironically, the police do put me on edge, especially when they're all armoured- i do get anxious about being racially profiled by them!

I understand give the current climate, but they're just there as a means of safety. No difference to police walking rounds the streets of any city

We're still at the farm, nothings going to change 

4 minutes ago, SpeakingmyChanguage said:

You reckon they're doing it to collect funny fail videos of people falling over?

You worried that your carefully-built identity as a spy for a shady government agency will be blown through inter-agency incompetence now that someone saw and identified you from footage pulled from a body cam someone was wearing?

I don't get the negativity about increased security, whose purpose is basically to prevent harm coming to us

Yes, police recording the crowds where drugs are rife. What could possibly go wrong?

But wait! the coppers are wearing tutus! that means they love us all and will let us do whatever we like!

4 minutes ago, SpeakingmyChanguage said:

If you are put on edge by the presence of security staff and police, whose presence there is almost entirely to protect you and other festivalgoers from harm in the event of an emergency, then you probably shouldn't be going to one of the largest music festivals around in the first place

Why? Why do people who get more anxious have to stay at home?

I personally find armed police quite intimidating and unsettling. Should I stay at home? I get that they're there for me safety so I'm just gonna get on with it. 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

I understand give the current climate, but they're just there as a means of safety. No difference to police walking rounds the streets of any city

We're still at the farm, nothings going to change 

At the same time I remember Jean Mendez. I do genuinely get anxious when I see them eyeing me up. I get why white middle class 'respectable' types feel safe with a police presence, but not everyone has the same experience. Also, a lot of people do get anxious when they see folk paroling with vests and machine guns.

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yes, police recording the crowds where drugs are rife. What could possibly go wrong?

But wait! the coppers are wearing tutus! that means they love us all and will let us do whatever we like!

Have they ever nabbed someone walking by smoking a spliff on site? I don't think I've ever heard of it happening or seen it happening. 

Could be wrong though. 

29 minutes ago, Chimps in Balaclavas said:

They probably turn a blind eye at the odd spliff as they're looking for other things. No doubt that you will get the odd jobsworth though.

Think it's more you get odd the punter who wants to take the piss and lights up directly in front of them to dare them to do something, which they inevitably then have to do.

47 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Me neither. It's putting a downer on it tbh

There's a lot of CCTV on the side already. A lot. Far more than you'd expect.