"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

6 minutes ago, BSH said:

My bet is that it's Harry Styles performing somewhere. He's undeniably huge on the back of his One Direction days, yet has such a limited solo portfolio that he wouldn't command a prestigious slot.

His debut album has already leaked, so I'm guessing it's released soon. It's also been hugely anticipated, with papers comparing his last single to Bowie etc. His new music is far more in-line with classic pop rock and is clearly heavily influenced by artists from the past, many of whom have played Worthy Farm.

Playing Glasto would also give him authenticity as a serious artist and a prime TV slot.

It just seems to make sense.

Actually this is a pretty good argument. Would they have booked him six months ago though?

2 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

I guess but by the sounds of this the act will be announced prior to the festival rather than kept as an on-the-day reveal

Did she say it would be an on the day reveal?? Did I miss that? 

I thought all she said was they have a really big secret that they have managed to keep.

Edit: Ha nevermind, read your post back to front!! Doh!! :) 

Edited by Havors

1 minute ago, Havors said:

Did she say it would be an on the day reveal?? Did I miss that? 

I thought all she said was they have a really big secret that they have managed to keep. 

Nope it's reported as to be "revealed soon". Pulp and Radiohead were kept as an on the day reveal. 

25 minutes ago, Diva Sam said:

Was going to say Bon Iver is playing US on the saturday. But that date is July not June. 

Had a Bon NOiver pun and everything!

Never mind. Keep the dream alive. 

Don't mean to piss on your cornflakes but Non Iver is a much better pun

4 minutes ago, Keithy said:

To be fair to Emily, she's done very well to maintain a poker face for the last 6 months.... :ph34r:

Tried to reply with an image that isn't working for some reason. Ignore me. Nothing to see here

Edited by Tommy101

22 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Let's look at it another way Tame Impala just appeared on the final poster last year. Of course they could've been a last minute booking (not sure?) if not they're a bigger name than many that have been suggested for something described as a "big suprise"

They were only booked 2 weeks before the were announced. can't remember if it was Kevin Parker that said it or Emily, but someone definitely said it was only a couple of weeks before.

I'm going for Macca + Ringo! The 50th anniversary edition of Sgt Pepper is out at the start of June. To add to this is the 50th anniversary of the BBC's first worldwide simulcast, which was All you need is love, and just so happens to fall on the Sunday of Glasto....

1 minute ago, rhyscork said:

I'm going for Macca + Ringo! The 50th anniversary edition of Sgt Pepper is out at the start of June. To add to this is the 50th anniversary of the BBC's first worldwide simulcast, which was All you need is love, and just so happens to fall on the Sunday of Glasto....

Well that would be a massive coup, and a brilliant crowd-pleaser! Oh yes go on, do it!

"It was (two and a half lots of) twenty years ago today..."

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, VolumetricFox said:

Mark and Lauren sat on the sofa talking about possible acts for next year, then this happened.  I bet he wishes he could turn back time.

He mentions Steely Dan who have just announced they're over in London and Dublin in Oct, but their tickets are on sale today and tomorrow. So maybe they're the big secret (West Holts headliner?) but wanted the official tour tickets out of the way first?