2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Definitely expecting a full poster drop in a week or so instead of any individual headliner announcements beforehand - those two headliners are hardly special and nothing much to brag about.

‘Our Saturday night headliner is The Killers! So... yeah’. 

Normally the headliners mostly get a special one off announcement, but I agree if it’s the ones we think then a poster might be next. Then I’m mostly wrong about these things... 

4 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

You're on the right train of thought but took a wrong turn.

You need to think deeper. What's inside the bottles? What do you most associate bottles with? 

If I were to say

"Pass me the bottle of __________"

What's the first thing that comes into your head?

HOT SAUCE, obviously. 

Many types of hot sauce out there, but commonly it's found to be red in colour.

What's Red Hot sauce main ingredient? Chili Peppers

?

im glad that post went on. For a minute there i thought you were going for Las Ketchup....

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Definitely expecting a full poster drop in a week or so instead of any individual headliner announcements beforehand - those two headliners are hardly special and nothing much to brag about.

You're right. In fact, I think having specific announcements for The Cure and The Killers would do more harm than good. Releasing the whole thing at one go will give people more to sink their teeth in to rather than focusing solely on the disappointment of the headliners.

There's some parallel universe where Gaga was announced the morning after the Oscars. Jammy bastards.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah, all the buzz about the secret set they did last time would take away from a headline announcement this year. Seems like that was a far more special appearance than a pyramid slot. I loved how they announced foo fighters in 2017, great build up to all the cheese and grain stuff too. I can't see the killers announcement creating as much buzz as that did.

My ideal headline announcement this year would have seen Gaga sporting a pair of tiny denim shorts and a white chin beard at the oscars as a little teaser to where she'd be this summer.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

You're right. In fact, I think having specific announcements for The Cure and The Killers would do more harm than good. Releasing the whole thing at one go will give people more to sink their teeth in to rather than focusing solely on the disappointment of the headliners.

There's some parallel universe where Gaga was announced the morning after the Oscars. Jammy bastards.

Totally agree, jparx.

And I bet in that parallel universe there's no clashes too.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Speak for yourself. Us ticketless think individual announcements for the Cure and Killers is a fantastic idea.

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I would happily wait a week, maybe two, with nothing if we then got a whole poster. Way better than The Cure now, The Killers towards the end of March and the poster first week of April. But I would be very happy with sooner :)

12 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Lot of anti Killers sentiment on this thread, so for balance I fricking love them, thought they were terrific in JP 2017, and can't wait to see them on Pyramid. I also loved Coldplay with my flashing wristband. There. I've said it. Not ashamed in the slightest.

I don't dislike The Killers at all. I just think after coming back from the fallow year it's an incredibly dull choice of headliner. It's just like "huh, that's it?" I think most of us were hoping for something to really blow our socks off and we've ended up with an act who played the last festival, have headlined before, and haven't really done much of note in the past 10 years. And it's also the fact we already have The Cure as heavily rumoured, who are in some ways equally shoulder shruggy.

Edited by jparx
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Lot of anti Killers sentiment on this thread, so for balance I fricking love them, thought they were terrific in JP 2017, and can't wait to see them on Pyramid. I also loved Coldplay with my flashing wristband. There. I've said it. Not ashamed in the slightest.

They’ll go down an absolute storm on the night, there’s no doubting that. They’re just not the most inspired booking, especially after their JP set went down so well. Them being booked to headline the Pyramid two years after that with no new material is just a bit of a damp squib.

But yeah, on the night I doubt any people in that crowd will care - they do what they do well and have enough singalongs to keep a headliner crowd happy. It just won’t be one for the history books by any stretch of the imagination. 

Edited by FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Got to agree with that, plenty of options available if they don’t float your boat. I saw the killers from the hedge at the back of the field as the tent was so full and Coldplay was just a right good end to the festival. That’s the beauty of Glastonbury, such a wide diversity of bands no one should be disappointed 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're not the first band ever to headline Glastonbury on the back of one song, but I'd have to say that sharing the honour with Shakespeare's Sister isn't a great look for Brondan and the lads.

Behave.  There's at least 5 smashers on Hot Fuss, you rascal.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're not the first band ever to headline Glastonbury on the back of one song, but I'd have to say that sharing the honour with Shakespeare's Sister isn't a great look for Brondan and the lads.

Headlining twice on the back of one song raises the bar though

• Upvote 1