2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

They’ll go down an absolute storm on the night, there’s no doubting that. They’re just not the most inspired booking, especially after their JP set went down so well. Them being booked to headline the Pyramid two years after that with no new material is just a bit of a damp squib.

But yeah, on the night I doubt any people in that crowd will care - they do what they do well and have enough singalongs to keep a headliner crowd happy. It just won’t be one for the history books by any stretch of the imagination. 

they released a new album a few months after that (which is surprisingly decent IMO).

e: according to wiki, it's the best/highest-rated of all their albums on Metacritic.

Edited by ghostdancer1

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

they released a new album a few months after that (which is surprisingly decent IMO).

e: according to wiki, it's the best/highest-rated of all their albums on Metacritic.

Aye but they played the biggest/only moderate hit from it, and I doubt many are crying out for a setlist full of songs from that album - seems to have been largely forgotten about much like the album before it.

That was just a nitpicky point anyway. They’re a drab headliner regardless of if they have new material to tour behind.

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

When was the last time two headliners were unannounced when the big poster dropped? I can only think of the Who not being announced before the poster in the time I've been going, and that was only because they were a late booking

Metallica were a TBC on the poster weren't they? Seem to remember that being the case.

Fucking hell it seems really weird now that Metallica headlined Glastonbury. And I was there.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Were any of the headliners announced pre-2013 lineup drop? I definitely remember there still being a bit of a question mark over the Stones up until that point.

I honestly can't remember but I know the Stones were on the poster as I remember being very excited when that dropped. Were the other two announced before?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Ha I might have made that up. But that's how I remember it weirdly. Special guest or something?

Yeah just looked it up and they were listed as special guests. Kasabian weren't announced until the poster that year either but I think we'd known it was them for a while anyway.

Any information recently about anything Neil? I’m sure we’d literally take the line up of the food vans at the moment!

Even if it’s someone cats sisters mum works at a shop that serves someone aunties brother and they say so and so is playing.....I’ll take anything other than this plastic bottle shit they keep banging on about! ?

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We’ve reached that time of year where impatience starts to creep in. Without wishing to generalise it’s always the younger, less experienced posters who start. Those of us who’ve done this a few times know this always how it is.

Still another month I reckon.

So what your saying is.....

Patience

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I honestly can't remember but I know the Stones were on the poster as I remember being very excited when that dropped. Were the other two announced before?

Stones were announced on the radio. I still remember tuning in to Absolute at 7pm to find out and they started playing Satisfaction. I was in the kitchen at the time FYI.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Fucking hell it seems really weird now that Metallica headlined Glastonbury. And I was there.

N'awww yeah and it was so so so good. I kinda hold my tongue about all other headliners at this point coz I feel like they booked someone detrimental to the line up to make me happy.

After they book Nick Cave to headline they can do what they want, give mumford a residency for all I care.

Fucking hell.  I'm not a metalhead. You can count the number of times I've listened to Master of Puppets on one hand. They were divisive.  Their crowd wasn't giant.  

But they had more right to be on that goddamn stage than a guy who looks like a riverboat gambler from a non-Jim Henson Muppet production

With his one karaoke song.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Scott129 said:

When was the last time two headliners were unannounced when the big poster dropped? I can only think of the Who not being announced before the poster in the time I've been going, and that was only because they were a late booking

Screenshot_20190301-213715_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db63479829f5bd01dbb6ef8c7bba5e82.jpg

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Really? I don't think they'd ever put a TBC on the poster?

959poster(1).thumb.png.561676b8a5254e1f7a60092b458b32cb.png

v13.thumb.jpg.6a8283b593733b71068f4f352bf5d39d.jpg

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Can we please stop mentioning the stones as it will not be them this year and I can't deal with the rise of potential hope that it could even possibly be them to have that taken away from me. 

Think they’re in the States this summer so you’re quite safe.