2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

That sucks on so many levels.

No contest for me. WH is it.

Although I saw Macca last time and once (not at GF). So it's probably an easier decision for me. Plus I don't have to sit through new Macca tracks which I'm not really interested in, tbh.

I've set my heart of HC@WH, so it HAS to happen now!

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

No contest for me. WH is it.

Although I saw Macca last time and once (not at GF). So it's probably an easier decision for me. Plus I don't have to sit through new Macca tracks which I'm not really interested in, tbh.

I've set my heart of HC@WH, so it HAS to happen now!

I'm seeing him on Sunday night so in theory I should have had have my fill by the time June rolls round, but I'm a sucker for a huge event on the Pyramid and Macca will certainly be that. Besides, he's Paul fucking McCartney! A fucking Beatle! Realisticaly I'm going to have plenty more opportunities to see Hot Chip in the future than Macca.

Macca headlined my first ever Glasto, after 2019 I'm not sure how many more I'll do (tickets and a growing family permitting) so if this is to be the last one for a while I like the symmetry.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm seeing him on Sunday night so in theory I should have had have my fill by the time June rolls round, but I'm a sucker for a huge event on the Pyramid and Macca will certainly be that. Besides, he's Paul fucking McCartney! A fucking Beatle! Realisticaly I'm going to have plenty more opportunities to see Hot Chip in the future than Macca.

Macca headlined my first ever Glasto, after 2019 I'm not sure how many more I'll do (tickets and a growing family permitting) so if this is to be the last one for a while I like the symmetry.

Just now, jparx said:

Macca on the Pyramid is a no brainer, but aye it's a painful one.

Please don't put doubt in my mind.

The clash is made painful by not only being Hot Chip, but on West Holts too. Perfect band/stage combo. It's like attacking a level 100 Dragonite with a level 70 Pikachu. Pikachu would be super effective, but Dragonite is just too damn strong for it to matter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

The clash is made painful by not only being Hot Chip, but on West Holts too. Perfect band/stage combo. It's like attacking a level 100 Dragonite with a level 70 Pikachu. Pikachu would be super effective, but Dragonite is just too damn strong for it to matter.

:blink:

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Do we have information putting Hot Chip on WH, or is that just a best guess because it worked so well last time and they're the same size?

Neil said in another thread that he heard they'd been offered it (Sat WH specifically) but didn't know if they'd accepted. Someone else mentioned that Joe Goddard had said to them they're playing.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Neil said in another thread that he heard they'd been offered it (Sat WH specifically) but didn't know if they'd accepted.

the guy who told me Hot chip was sure they'd been offered a headline slot, but wasn't 100% on it being for Saturday.

He did tell me why he thinks its for Saturday and that seems to make perfect sense. It seems very unlikely to me that Saturday is wrong (if they've taken that offered headline slot, of course).

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Yo dawg, I don't think Pikachu can learn any moves super effective against Dragonite.

To be honest I’m a bit upset that we seem to know all the headliners already - after the fallow year I was really looking forward to the months of guessing and debating over tiny comments Emily has made and fake posters and rumours from the NME awards etc. Are we REALLY done already? Surely there’s going to be some sort of twist?

I'm applying the same logic to Macca/Hot Chip as I did to the Flaming Lips/Radiohead clash. Hot Chip will be magnificent anywhere, anytime and as great as it will no doubt be, Macca on the Pyramid won't happen again. Will be my one and only chance to see him too. Hot Chip will be special cost they're magnificent, not sure the fact it's at Glastonbury will make a huge amount of difference. Macca on the other hand is never gonna happen again, reckon even if his voice is shot it'll be a hell of a show with a great Pyramid crowd.

Hopefully they have Hot Chip on the Sunday instead, Chems/LCD/Justice have been my Sunday night headliners and they'd be a perfect party to see off the end of the festival.

38 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Now everyone loves a bit of Hot Chip obvs and especially on WH but a) we've seen them before and b) we probably will again. Macca is a different kettle of fish. I have learnt from the Stevie Wonder debacle. 

Indeed. Each to their own mind you, and I can see an argument for people who saw Macca in 04 leaning toward Hot Chip. And obviously those with zero interest in Macca.

For me it's the two acts at the top of my list clashing but as I said earlier, still a no brainer! Either way people will see a fantastic show.

50 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

Now everyone loves a bit of Hot Chip obvs and especially on WH but a) we've seen them before and b) we probably will again. Macca is a different kettle of fish. I have learnt from the Stevie Wonder debacle. 

Exactly my view. Couldn’t put it any better than this