eFestivals is fund-raising

eFestivals has been here 20 years supporting festivals and festival goers. Without your support it will not continue as it has been.
Advertising used to pay the bills but advertising revenues are much less than they were.

Festivals: if you'd like us to continue to promote your event to our 650,000 monthly readers you'll need to give a helping hand.
Festival-Goers: if every visitor in just one day donated just £2, that would provide funding for a whole year.

You can donate or sign up for 'gold' (ad-free) membership, or you can contact the editor.
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Still waiting to discover what your end game is in all this...

If he posts 1000,000 predictions before the lineup is announced chances are he'll more or less nail it at least once, right? Then comes the 'I was right' victory lap.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If he posts 1000,000 predictions before the lineup is announced chances are he'll more or less nail it at least once, right? Then comes the 'I was right' victory lap.

I think he's just hoping someone will give him a hug.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

But he posts the same 10 bands every single time

13 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But he posts the same 10 bands every single time

Yeah I really don't understand what his deal is. It's not like he's being clever or funny. It's just odd.

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

They haven't really, they've always been hugely popular, it's close to 15 years since they first headlined Glasto and they still sell out stadia and headline festivals, they don't need to appeal to anyone these days.

This is the culmination of a journey that started back with BHAR (listen to it again, the signs are all there), when they decided to move away from their good stuff and become Queen, but in space.

I agree to a point but BHAR was still far better than what followed. Take a Bow, MOTP, SBH and KOC were all great songs. I loved Starlight myself too but that is better version of Mercy imo. 2nd Law and Drones was what the hell is going on. Leeds 2011 for OOS in full was class, possibly the best Muse set I've seen. There was a good one at V one year also with Butterflies and Hurricanes in. 100% I would go to a Absolution in full tour.

Edited by thewayiam

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

100% I would go to a Absolution in full tour.

This is the only thing that could get me back to a Muse gig.

I’ve been back for about 5 minutes and people are talking about ABBA. Seriously?

50 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I’ve been back for about 5 minutes and people are talking about ABBA. Seriously?

Where have you been my friend? I have missed you.

Edited by eastynh

Paul McCartney’s announced some US dates next June so he’s definitely active next summer. A couple of weeks between them and Glastonbury too.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

They have basically gone hugely mainstream to try and still appeal as much as they can. 

Yep. Basically what Coldplay did too.

10 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Yep. Basically what Coldplay did too.

In a way yes. Probably started with Fix You from X&Y but it's a great song. I actually thought except for Viva la Vida itself that album was dull. Mylo Xyloto obiously went very mainstream but the part half at least of that was great. The thing with Coldplay is they were more a feel the music band and there is only so much slow moving song if you like you can do before you need to change it up. But it worked for Coldplay because they were brilliant at making pop music and to be honest as they continued to get bigger there wasn't really a stage I don't think...maybe once?, if there was that they took a bit of a dip. They would still headline anywhere that they did anywhere int he world and sell out stadiums like they did, I don't think Muse would sell out stadiums like they did and as many. Coldplay. You could argue that U2 were the biggest band in the world from around 87 to 2004/05 and the Coldplay were for the enxt 10 years...they had 4 consecutive US no.1s and that head full of dreams shit being no.2

Coldplay took a dip creatively after Parachutes and a Rush Of Blood, and they never came back up from it. 

5 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Coldplay took a dip creatively after Parachutes and a Rush Of Blood, and they never came back up from it. 

Writing wise for them maybe to a point but what I'm saying is they didn't turn and kill themselves. They gathered more fans, got bigger and were good at what they did whereas many change and screw themselves. U2 are one of few to have been able to keep as close roots as possible.

Think he'll sub if he plays. He might just mean he's going along to the festival though. I don't think he will have an album out by June, so he would be playing the same songs he played 2 years earlier, with a good few Oasis classics added obviously. 

Edited by Alan_C

25 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Think he'll sub if he plays. He might just mean he's going along to the festival though. I don't think he will have an album out by June, so he would be playing the same songs he played 2 years earlier, with a good few Oasis classics added obviously. 

24 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I don't think there is a chance he'll not sub really, he knows people are on it atm and he's dropped the twitter status that will just continue to suggest and hype more for the next 10 months lol. They are big fans obviously and he's not as stubborn as his brother to accept that it'll do everything good for him and he'll earn his money elsewhere. After this year, him in a sub spot is massive.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think there is a chance he'll not sub really, he knows people are on it atm and he's dropped the twitter status that will just continue to suggest and hype more for the next 10 months lol. They are big fans obviously and he's not as stubborn as his brother to accept that it'll do everything good for him and he'll earn his money elsewhere. After this year, him in a sub spot is massive.

He would not pull his face at subbing a Beatle either I don't think.

5 minutes ago, eastynh said:

He would not pull his face at subbing a Beatle either I don't think.

Absolutely not and I do agree the run of US tour dates randomly ending 2 weeks before Glastonbury does say something but could be co-incidental. Slightly too convenient though maybe to by the looks of the date be heading over elsewhere.

5 minutes ago, stevieg1993 said:

What chances of Eminem doing Glastonbury next year with his surprise album release. 

Slim to nil.

He'd ask for a shedload of cash,

His material doesn't exactly fit with the ethos of the festival,

He doesn't allow his sets to be broadcast (FAO Kendrick!)

He's shit live.