2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Next year’s headliner sorted...

I wouldn’t put it past them...

I have an inkling that Muse may never headline Glastonbury again due to their increasingly shit output and how little people seem to care about it (or at least I assume - are their big fans of post-Black Hole Muse?) They seemed like a weak headliner in 2016 so with a couple more garbage albums I could see them being passed on, even with their history with the festival. Or maybe that's just my very black and white view of it and they'll be back to headline in a couple of years time.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I have an inkling that Muse may never headline Glastonbury again due to their increasingly shit output and how little people seem to care about it (or at least I assume - are their big fans of post-Black Hole Muse?) They seemed like a weak headliner in 2016 so with a couple more garbage albums I could see them being passed on, even with their history with the festival. Or maybe that's just my very black and white view of it and they'll be back to headline in a couple of years time.

Well they aren't going to headline next year and tbh their crowd was way off the size I expected in 2016.

2 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Yes it is, as whether you got the equivalent (not better) odds, that was luck rather than judgement! Kenny Rogers pities the fool ???

and what?!....go and fucking moan about someone down voting you or something else that not important.

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Problem with that artwork is that it looks like they’re taking the piss, but Muse aren’t renowned for self deprecation or a sense of humour so they can’t pull it off.

They are though, aren't they? It's supposed to be tongue in cheek, surely, but I agree it doesn't work.

I'm becoming convinced that they've made enough money and are comfortable with the fact that they put out some good stuff in their prime so that they are now just fucking with us.

There is no other explanation for how you get from Plug In Baby to this.

Edited by Quark

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm becoming convinced that they've made enough money and are comfortable with the fact that they put out some good stuff in their prime so that they are now just fucking with us.

I think it's more that they've made enough money and are comfortable with the fact they've put out some good stuff in their prime so that now they're just doing what the fuck they want knowing there can't really be any bad consequences.

Can't really blame them; I'd love to be in that position. Releasing bollocks like Dig Down and still headlining festivals and stadiums to a bunch of rabid weirdos.

14 hours ago, Quark said:

They have basically gone hugely mainstream to try and still appeal as much as they can.