2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, semmtexx said:

Hahahaha! Quote Quark "Can't believe they did that but I bloody loved it!"  ?

I can absolutely guarantee I was shaking my head at their shameless nostalgia cash in while going mental in the middle of the pit :lol:

3 hours ago, Quark said:

I can absolutely guarantee I was shaking my head at their shameless nostalgia cash in while going mental in the middle of the pit :lol:

Such sell outs eh!? What's the world coming to! Only fair you pretended to enjoy it. ?

Edited by semmtexx

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I'd be happy with that if Macca ends up being the "huge act". Someone new and fresh, a legend, and a fairly typical crowd pleasing Glasto headliner. Would be a strong trio.

I saw huge act as well as it could be any of 3 really, if it's any of them. If The 1975 go the whole accept co-headline at Reading to sub this then I think TOP do it outright. I'll also add George Ezra 3rd Sunday to that and Dua Lipa 3rd on Saturday.

The Streets if they are Other Friday but against Stormzy too....don't think I'd see either so I'm rooting for YYYs to be JP headliner.

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There are only three Gorillaz albums.

And they never headlined Glastonbury? ;)

10 minutes ago, swede said:

Traveling back from Leeds, Kendrick was amazing but still needs another album under his belt to headline Glastonbury

Was thinking this after seeing his setlist for last night. He’s pretty much drawing from two albums, and I’ve cooled on DAMN. by this point so I would prefer him playing with something else. Not unrealistic to think he might bring out an album before next summer going from his previous release timeline.

Thought that the Kings of Leon looked pretty great on the iPlayer from the Reading Festival, and they’ve sorted their set out quite a bit to be much less pigeonshit. Not gonna say I want them to headline next year... but I wouldn’t be mad is all.

2 hours ago, swede said:

Traveling back from Leeds, Kendrick was amazing but still needs another album under his belt to headline Glastonbury

Did he have a big crowd?, I've heard KOL crowd at Leeds was small and a mate has echoed who's working the fest that FOB also had a shite crowd.

It was nice for nostalgia to return to Leeds today, I'm very comfortable with never going back for a full weekend mind. Defo act for act one of my strongest days of the fest though, Pendulum were insanely loud and good, Papa Roach were ace...I rate Jacoby as a front man very high....sometimes it's that I go for over the songs I've heard loads. 

14 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So what was so great about the Blur 2009 perfomance? Seems everyone considers it one of the greatest glasto sets ever...

Everything about it was ace. They'd been away long enough that their songs were missed. They're a band that 'get' the festival. The crowd was absolutely fantastic. Probably my best gig ever. 

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

And they never headlined Glastonbury? ;)

Was thinking this after seeing his setlist for last night. He’s pretty much drawing from two albums, and I’ve cooled on DAMN. by this point so I would prefer him playing with something else. Not unrealistic to think he might bring out an album before next summer going from his previous release timeline.

Thought that the Kings of Leon looked pretty great on the iPlayer from the Reading Festival, and they’ve sorted their set out quite a bit to be much less pigeonshit. Not gonna say I want them to headline next year... but I wouldn’t be mad is all.

Gorilla headlined Glastonbury in 2010 filling in for U2.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Oh boy, yeah that's actually not bad n all. Bit of a naff ending, but Because of the Times being the best represented album would make it bearable 

10 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Did he have a big crowd?, I've heard KOL crowd at Leeds was small and a mate has echoed who's working the fest that FOB also had a shite crowd.

It was nice for nostalgia to return to Leeds today, I'm very comfortable with never going back for a full weekend mind. Defo act for act one of my strongest days of the fest though, Pendulum were insanely loud and good, Papa Roach were ace...I rate Jacoby as a front man very high....sometimes it's that I go for over the songs I've heard loads. 

Decent sized crowd, packed in the pit to start but we moved out as the sound was shocking up close, much better a bit further out. 

We only go for days now, hotel in Leeds and take the shuttle bus, couldn’t camp there now 

I went to leeds for the day to see pendulum and they were inredible, been 8 years and worth the wait. Amazing set, amazing crowd whole front barrier was a huge mosh. 

However Kendrik Lamar blew me away, great set I was really impressed how he managed to rock the stage just himself, really good pressence and knows how to get a crowd going. Would love to see him at the Pyramid Next year, hopefully I get tickets again. Had the glasto blues this year.