2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Agreed.  The whole anniversary album thing is massively overdone.  I love the Levellers to absolute bits, but the fact they did a 20 and a 25 year anniversary tour for Levelling the Land was pushing it!

EDIT: full disclosure, I went to both tours.  But that's not the point :lol:

Edited by Quark

The problem with Blur, is can they ever get to the levels of that 2009 performance? That was as near to perfect as i've ever experienced from a headline performance, so surely they won't be able to match it. The band themselves have said how perfect it was, so would they want to risk tarnishing the memory? :dontknow:

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Agreed.  The whole anniversary album thing is massively overdone.  I love the Levellers to absolute bits, but the fact they did a 20 and a 25 year anniversary tour for Levelling the Land was pushing it!

EDIT: full disclosure, I went to both tours.  But that's not the point :lol:

I am going to give up on music if New Order do the rumoured Technique one next year.

Edited by eastynh

2 minutes ago, mr flow said:

The problem with Blur, is can they ever get to the levels of that 2009 performance? That was as near to perfect as i've ever experienced from a headline performance, so surely they won't be able to match it. The band themselves have said how perfect it was, so would they want to risk tarnishing the memory? :dontknow:

They've got another vintage set in em imho. Bring out a few special guests for a 'special' 50th show and people will go nuts for it.

Just now, Mash011 said:

They've got another vintage set in em imho. Bring out a few special guests for a 'special' 50th show and people will go nuts for it.

Agreed. I think it would be pretty weird if bands stopped doing gigs for fear of not being as good as the last time... I know it was more than "just a gig" but still, it would be a pretty depressing state of affairs for live music in general!

1 minute ago, mr flow said:

I do agree with this, I count that 2009 set in my top three all time gigs. Seen them a few times since while they've been enjoyable they've never gotten anywhere near matching that night.

Still want to see them again though.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I do agree with this, I count that 2009 set in my top three all time gigs. Seen them a few times since while they've been enjoyable they've never gotten anywhere near matching that night.

I have decided I am never going to see Depeche Mode again. The last gig at Waldbuhne will never be topped. Plus I have seen them that many times, its time for me to move on. I can't even listen to them at present.

With some things I reckon it is best to go out on a high.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oh yeah, i agree. I'd love to see them do it again. I just feel that i'll inevitably compare it to 2009, and find it a little disappointing. Having said that, The Magic Whip was a great album and would love to hear them on the Pyramid! 

2 minutes ago, mr flow said:

Oh yeah, i agree. I'd love to see them do it again. I just feel that i'll inevitably compare it to 2009, and find it a little disappointing. Having said that, The Magic Whip was a great album and would love to hear them on the Pyramid! 

The Magic Whip stuff went down like a lead balloon at Hyde Park just after it came out (whoever thought doing Thought I Was A Spaceman was a good idea shouldn't be allowed to compile a setlist again). On the Pyramid they could get away with Go Out and Ong Ong, leave the rest where it is.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

The Magic Whip stuff went down like a lead balloon at Hyde Park just after it came out (whoever thought doing Thought I Was A Spaceman was a good idea shouldn't be allowed to compile a setlist again). On the Pyramid they could get away with Go Out and Ong Ong, leave the rest where it is.

Lonesome Street would work i reckon. It's got that main stage kind of sound to it. I thought I was a spaceman was the worst song on the album for me, so not sure why that was picked 

40 minutes ago, James96 said:

Wheres that rumoured from!?

The Joy Division, New Order and Electronic etc group on Facebook. I honestly can't see it to be honest. It is not something I would ever imagine them doing. Have heard they are doing festivals next year and I believe that.

They are not headlining Glasto next year so sorry for derailing the thread.