2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 hour ago, Purple aki squat said:

The longer this is going on with no additional announcements makes me think they have booked something big. Who, I don’t know.

Who could they book that nobody thought of?

Who would hold back on announcing

I hope it’s not the who 

Eddie vedder, kate Bush, fleetwood mac? Any of those would make my weekend

2 hours ago, K2SO said:

Balance is due on 1st April though. Don't we normally get the poster before we start paying?

Yeah they normally release something before the payment window otherwise they get people complaining all over social media about being expected to pay up without knowing the lineup.

Part of me is always like “well it’s Glastonbury, I’d go even if there wasn’t a single name on the lineup I was interested in” but then I do get it... if I was about to go to my first ever Glastonbury and was being asked to part with £250 off the back of Stormzy, Kylie and Janelle Monae, I’d be a bit... concerned... too.

1 hour ago, damo101 said:

Eddie vedder, kate Bush, fleetwood mac? Any of those would make my weekend

I’m still holding out hope for Gaga. At this stage, headlining the Other Stage seems like her only possibility, but while my heart says yes my head can’t see it.

Can’t help but feel like the Eavii will have missed a trick by passing on Gaga after A Star Is Born.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, birdsnest said:

I’m still holding out hope for Gaga. At this stage, headlining the Other Stage seems like her only possibility, but while my heart says yes my head can’t see it.

Can’t help but feel like the Eavii will have missed a trick by passing on Gaga after A Star Is Born.

Any chance that her and Bradley grab a secret set on Park? There's rumors that her Vegas residency prevents her from doing any announced gigs outside of Vegas for the duration of the residency.

However, they could both easily show up and do a secret set. Especially since Lukas Nelson + Promise of the Real will be in UK (they were the backing band for A Star is Born) during glasto.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K2SO said:

Balance is due on 1st April though. Don't we normally get the poster before we start paying?

The balance deadline was before the lineup came out in 09, 10, 11 & 15. Lineup before balance deadline in 13, 14, 16 & 17.

2009 - Balance Deadline 1st Feb, Lineup 25 May

2010 - BD 28th May, Lineup 14th April

2011 - BD 7th April, Lineup 14th April

2013 - Lineup 27th March, BD 8th April

2014 - Lineup 4th April, BD 7th April

2015 - BD 1st April, Lineup 14th April 

2016 - Lineup 29th March, BD 7th April

2017 - Lineup 30th March, BD 7th April 

Number of headliners before Balance Deadline Day:

2009 - 0

2010 - 3

2011 - 3

2013 - 0

2014 - 1

2015 - 2

2016 - 3

2017 - 3

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The balance deadline was before the lineup came out in 09, 10, 11 & 15. Lineup before balance deadline in 13, 14, 16 & 17.

2009 - 0

2010 - 3

2011 - 3

2013 - 0

2014 - 1

2015 - 2

2016 - 3

2017 - 3

Looking at those dates you've got to fancy 7th or 14th really, but they're both Sundays so...

#thereisnopattern

#AHTT

They wouldn’t release it too late in April because Game of Thrones is going to dominate all media. Also they won’t release it at the end of March because of Brexit. So it has to be coming tomorrow :)

who likes this logic?

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They wouldn’t release it too late in April because Game of Thrones is going to dominate all media. Also they won’t release it at the end of March because of Brexit. So it has to be coming tomorrow :)

who likes this logic?

giphy.gif.ffe016ad8adb462446077e9f27408c09.gif

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

The longer this is going on with no additional announcements makes me think they have booked something big. Who, I don’t know.

I hope it’s not the who 

Do you have an owl stuck in your throat? 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

2009 - 0

2010 - 3

2011 - 3

2013 - 0

2014 - 1

2015 - 2

2016 - 3

2017 - 3

Gnomicide, you are so wise

I wonder what the reasons are for the years the announcement comes after balance deadline.....due to issues with contracts, a perception that the lineup wont be received as favourably (can't see that being an issue) or just because they like to reiterate that there really is no pattern and they can fuck with us at will.

I also stupidly read some comments on the balance reminder post on facebook - "Why wouldn't you expect us to pay without a lineup??" etc etc. Really drives home the fact that some people just don't get it!

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Gnomicide, you are so wise

I wonder what the reasons are for the years the announcement comes after balance deadline.....due to issues with contracts, a perception that the lineup wont be received as favourably (can't see that being an issue) or just because they like to reiterate that there really is no pattern and they can fuck with us at will.

I also stupidly read some comments on the balance reminder post on facebook - "Why wouldn't you expect us to pay without a lineup??" etc etc. Really drives home the fact that some people just don't get it!

I GET it. I mean... I would be there even if I didnt know a single name on the lineup. 

BUT

I also think it's a bit too far to have someone pay outright for a ticket without knowing the lineup. Its past the refund point at that point. I mean i'm gunna buy it i'm gunna pay for it but I think I deserve to know some of what i'm paying for, yanno?

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I GET it. I mean... I would be there even if I didnt know a single name on the lineup. 

BUT

I also think it's a bit too far to have someone pay outright for a ticket without knowing the lineup. Its past the refund point at that point. I mean i'm gunna buy it i'm gunna pay for it but I think I deserve to know some of what i'm paying for, yanno?

Yeh, I guess it's a bit much but I dunno...some of them are really mad! But I guess people in the comments section of anything are always really mad.

Also, this is just an announcement of a deadline, a whole month away, and everyone knows thats ever obsessively analysed the thingy knows that we are not going to get to the end of March and still be empty-handed :)

1 hour ago, MetaKate said:

BUT

You have until May 3rd to cancel your ticket and get a refund

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think Neil gets it in advance so he can populate the site. He usually gives us a warning an hour or two before it drops.

I've only been told occasionally by someone at the festival.

In the last few years there's been posts made on here saying a particular day which (for whatever reason) I've taken to be correct, so I've then texted someone who knows, to put that date to them  He'll confirm that correct date, but won't tell it to me without me asking the right date; luckily I've always asked about the right date.

So hopefully the same will happen this year.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've only been told occasionally by someone at the festival.

In the last few years there's been posts made on here saying a particular day which (for whatever reason) I've taken to be correct, so I've then texted someone who knows, to put that date to them  He'll confirm that correct date, but won't tell it to me without me asking the right date; luckily I've always asked about the right date.

So hopefully the same will happen this year.

8th of March.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm sure we'll get the poster before the balance deadline. That's what they've done for the past 4 out of 5 festivals, and in 2015 they already announced FF, Kanye and Lionel which were three huge names. It's what people have come to expect now. The only way I could see it coming after the deadline is if we get a HUGE headline announcement before, which seems highly unlikely now.

12 hours ago, Purple aki squat said:

I hope it’s not the who 

I wonder if it is Neil Young........10 years since his last (and only) headline slot. He is in the country around the time. He is a bloke. And he really enjoyed the experience last time so I understand  

(This is all hope but please indulge me)

Edited by chuckles07