2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

I'll be so happy if it's The Killers. One of the three needs to have solid bangers everyone knows. I hope it's confirmed soon! I also bet on them ages ago when they were 10/1 so tbh that would be a welcome bit of extra cider money to fuel the mass 'Mr Brightside' singalong.

Edited by blazingstars
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It's all making sense now!

Anyway. I'm happy with The Cure & The Killers. Probably be the first time I've watched 2 headliners since 2011.

And it would be the first time in ten Glastonbury's that I won't have seen a Pyramid headliner. I'm very slightly gutted as being there is a spectacle but I was always prepared that the headliners this year wouldn't be for me. 

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The Strokes are 100% a weaker headliner than The Killers.

They're better but they're not more suitable for headlining Glastonbury unfortunately. I'm not excited about the Killers but you can guarantee they'll smash it and get a very strong reaction overall (but obv not here).

"As the song drew to a close, The Killers then proceeded to deliver an impromptu cover of Oasis’ ‘Gas Panic’, taken from their 2000 album ‘Standing On The Shoulders of Giants’.
Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-liam-gallagher-join-the-killers-on-stage-in-brazil-2273619#D2GUFYSgCFpwcrwb.99"

Can't believe I thought I'd be watching Hey Jude but we're getting this instead

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Will it be all 4 Killers or Brandon, the drummer and some of his session mates?

It'll almost certainly be this.

But while I love the original lineup in terms of live experience the latest tour with the above config was the best I've seen them yet and I've seen them lots

On 9/15/2018 at 12:00 PM, Odessa said:

I won't get into a big debate about it again, but it does baffle me how sometimes the same people who think the likes of Florence and the Machine could headline again rule out The Killers. 

It'll be a long term bet so you've gotta commit to yr efests future, but if anyone wants a tenner to charity that The Killers won't headline on their next album cycle (if there is one, void if they split up lol) then gimme a shout. ?

On 9/15/2018 at 12:02 PM, FloorFiller said:

You're on.

New album cycle is a bit of a grey area depending on where they're up to in June. But I reckon this should count lol.

I have been laughed at by so many people on here for insisting The Killers are clearly still in contention as headliners hahahaha. 

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

The Killers, ffs must Mr Brightside follow and haunt me everywhere I go, song does my head in 

Indeed, if ever there was a song to make you sit down in a bar it would be that one.

Culchies absolutely lap it up. Music for men in Subaru jackets with enormous hands like shovels and an unfeasible amount of dirt under their finger nails.

• Upvote 1