Foo Fighters

HalfAnIdiot

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

Oh I got that I just didn't understand who he was talking to and where the hell it came from.

Someone a while back talked about Shaun Goater (old Man City player). Did seem a bit odd after the conversation had moved on though 

1 minute ago, evannn said:

Someone a while back talked about Shaun Goater (old Man City player). Did seem a bit odd after the conversation had moved on though 

Ah fair enough I'd read that post when it was posted and forgotten about it, so was a bit confused by the reply to it 13 hours and 5 posts later without quoting it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for some reason I came accross this video whilst listening to some Foo's tonight

How crazy would it be if they opened Glastonbury with 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' :lol: Field would go Insane!

I know that's extremely unlikely yet I do think they are going to do something special this year and surprise us. This Glastobury gig has had a long build up with the cancellation the other year, so I reckon they will really pull out all the stops! (although saying that i doubt they will beat their Milton Keynes Bowl show which is up there with my favourite gigs ever but you never know) 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure what to do about them. Last year I skipped Adele and went off solo with no real plan in mind and afterwards when I watched her set on TV I kind of regretted it, my group said she was awesome. I'm kind of in the same boat with the Foos, like Adele I find their music hopelessly dull on record but id imagine it's a bit more engaging live. I'm fairly sure all my group will be wanting to see them so maybe if there's no other headliner that interests me (unlikely) ill come along. But I'm fucked if I'm standing there for 3 fucking hours while Dave runs around and shouts at me with the end result being zero chance of getting into the SE corner.

48 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I'm not sure what to do about them. Last year I skipped Adele and went off solo with no real plan in mind and afterwards when I watched her set on TV I kind of regretted it, my group said she was awesome. I'm kind of in the same boat with the Foos, like Adele I find their music hopelessly dull on record but id imagine it's a bit more engaging live. I'm fairly sure all my group will be wanting to see them so maybe if there's no other headliner that interests me (unlikely) ill come along. But I'm fucked if I'm standing there for 3 fucking hours while Dave runs around and shouts at me with the end result being zero chance of getting into the SE corner.

in the exact same boat. skipped adele, went to new order. Felt they were slightly disapointing (not bad or anything but like a 6.5/7 out of 10).

I think its just the energy of the pyramid stage. its a special place at night.  I think ill be there for all 3 tbh. Radiohead 100% , foos and ed more than likely. The headlines of the other stages need to be pretty special to pull me away.

7 hours ago, MikeEssex85 said:

for some reason I came accross this video whilst listening to some Foo's tonight

How crazy would it be if they opened Glastonbury with 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' :lol: Field would go Insane!

I know that's extremely unlikely yet I do think they are going to do something special this year and surprise us. This Glastobury gig has had a long build up with the cancellation the other year, so I reckon they will really pull out all the stops! (although saying that i doubt they will beat their Milton Keynes Bowl show which is up there with my favourite gigs ever but you never know) 

Maybe they might do a Florence cover or have her come onstage and sing with them since she replaced them and did one of their songs 

• 1 month later...

Just two hours!? You lied to us Dave! Thought they'd be getting 2 hours 30 at least so surprised by this (especially with Radiohead get an hour 15. Not complaining mind - 2 hours sounds far less of a slog. They just better not fill any of it with a shitty covers section.

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Just two hours!? You lied to us Dave! Thought they'd be getting 2 hours 30 at least so surprised by this (especially with Radiohead get an hour 15. Not complaining mind - 2 hours sounds far less of a slog. They just better not fill any of it with a shitty covers section.

As you say, this will hopefully cut a fair bit of the filler out.