JUSTICE

Fladog

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Bit confused by all the complaints about 2014's Sunday. Would have thought Massive Attack would be a big pleaser for most on here. I certainly had no complaints. I guess the rest of the stages were a bit shite.

It was good but just a very downbeat end to the festival - I'd rather have had something else despite being a fan and enjoying the show. Portishead is regarded (by people who were there) as one of the best sets in recent history but I guess it woulda been sullied somewhat if that was Sunday night's headliner and everyone was in their Sunday night headspace.

7 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Bit confused by all the complaints about 2014's Sunday. Would have thought Massive Attack would be a big pleaser for most on here. I certainly had no complaints. I guess the rest of the stages were a bit shite.

Didn't go in 2014 so just looked at the poster, I'd have struggled more with Saturday I think! MGMT was a weird one. 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Just not really what I want to finish my festival with, and generally wasn't it regarded as being a bit disappointing? Although can't have been as bad as Disclosure so it's definitely the choice I should've made.

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It was good but just a very downbeat end to the festival - I'd rather have had something else despite being a fan and enjoying the show. Portishead is regarded (by people who were there) as one of the best sets in recent history but I guess it woulda been sullied somewhat if that was Sunday night's headliner and everyone was in their Sunday night headspace.

Fair points. Tbh if there's any night I'd want something like that as my headliner it'd probably be Sunday. Friday night when I'm still full of energy and it's the first full night of music I want more of a party (cheers, Radiohead).

Not sure if it was regarded as a disappointment, mind. Was it not their previous set that's regarded as being disappointing (2008?)?

Edited by Will-2609

5 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Didn't go in 2014 so just looked at the poster, I'd have struggled more with Saturday I think! MGMT was a weird one. 

Yep Saturday wasn't great either, although I had a great time at Metallica, and Mogwai would have been okay for me, too.

I think Jake Bugg may have been down to headline John Peel until Prince fucked off and Metallica shimmied over to the Pyramid. I think the programme referred to Jake Bugg as John Peel headliner or something.

11 hours ago, The60ftOctopus said:

Same here. LCD Sounsystem/Earth, Wind & Fire were great options to end the festival last year. (Also big up West Brom - you're not a WBA fan at all, are you?)

Personally I'm in the 'Still waiting on the other headliners to be announced, but I'll probably be there' camp.

I wasn't really sold on their last tour, but they seem to have really improved their live act. Their new album is solid and it would be a great way to see out the festival.

Certainly am my leggy friend :D

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

theres nothing that could ever possibly top LCD Soundsystem

The thing about the Sunday night is I want something that will either get me all blubbery and emotional, or something that's going to fucking go off. LCD Soundsystem was perfect cos it did both.

Watching some videos of Justice's live show and it looks like it could be the desperate last minute mad one I'm looking for.

Edited by Winslow Leach

14 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

The thing about the Sunday night is I want something that will either get me all blubbery and emotional, or something that's going to fucking go off. LCD Soundsystem was perfect cos it did both.

Watching some videos of Justice's live show and it looks like it could be the desperate last minute mad one I'm looking for.

This reminds me I haven't even watched any live vids yet (which are apparently much better than their studio output) and they're already one of my most anticipated acts.

Bit worried about the BBK clash actually as my one mate who'll defo be up for Justice will also want to see them badly. Think he may be going Parklife, mind, and hopefully Justice's rarity convinces him.

23 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

This reminds me I haven't even watched any live vids yet (which are apparently much better than their studio output) and they're already one of my most anticipated acts.

Bit worried about the BBK clash actually as my one mate who'll defo be up for Justice will also want to see them badly. Think he may be going Parklife, mind, and hopefully Justice's rarity convinces him.

Just listen to the live albums. 'A Cross The Universe' or 'Access All Arenas'. 

They are the only live albums that push Alive 2007 close for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Now they've been officially announced as WH headliners I've been catching up with their latest album this evening & GODDAMN its good!! Should be an epic way to end the fest!

I was undecided whether to see them or Metronomy on JP but my minds made up now

Underworld were my highlight last year headlining WH and I can see this going the same way :)

ps good call OP *doff's cap*

46 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I'll second that. They are something else live.

I really thought this would be the year daft punk play, however justice is the next best thing really

I'll third that. That moment in music will be forever remembered.