JUSTICE

Fladog

Awesome. I'm yet to see a West Holts headliner so that should be a good experience. I had mentally written of Justice, assuming they would clash with someone, but the way it looks to have shaken out puts them back in the mix.

32 minutes ago, jparx said:

Awesome. I'm yet to see a West Holts headliner so that should be a good experience. I had mentally written of Justice, assuming they would clash with someone, but the way it looks to have shaken out puts them back in the mix.

WH is great for a headliner, even if it's busy it's relatively easy to go down the side and stake out a decent spot. Easy to get to the bar and toilets if need be, it's perfick

7 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Neil - what info did you have that Justice is on the Other Stage?

well, given the info was that they'd be headlining and I believe i know all three Other headliners, either the info was always duff, or the info was especially good but very early and they got switched to another stage.

Your question has reminded me to take them out of Other, as there's no meaningful basis for them there any more.

I think this is great. Sunday sorted. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll probably watch Justice happily enough......it's the domino effect it creates elsewhere that's heartbreaking.

It's this ^^ kinda thing I can't even get my head round at the moment. 

This is why I'd be shit at chess. 

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Yeah but said he couldn't really say anymore. He did quote the eFests lineup for Saturday, simply saying this is what eFests say is the Saturday lineup (ie suggesting it's correct).

He's also said Chic and RTJ are not on WH.

EDIT: To be clear, he didn't mention BBK, that was just me commenting on the alternatives.

I'm really happy if the Justice/WH rumour is settled because I was also a little lost on the Sunday for a headliner, but they'll do nicely. PS. Not Justice related, but did he say anything else about RTJ? Any other hint that they're on JP or midday for Other?

My favourite Metronomy album is probably English Riviera, followed by Love Letters and Nights Out, never really gave the most recent one a good listen. If Justice doesn't pan out I'll probs to be at Metronomy, although seeing them a couple of weeks after Glastonbury so lord knows what I'll end up doing. 

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I know it's me and not them but I just don't enjoy that sort of music unless I'm gurning and cos I'm now old Sunday is just a booze day so I'm sort of fit to drive Monday. 

I never thought I'd say this, Scruff, but, nah, it's not (just) you RE: Metronomy. And god knows, I've tried. 

Off my (strictly drunken Sunday) nut to Justice for me. 

12 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I know it's me and not them but I just don't enjoy that sort of music unless I'm gurning and cos I'm now old Sunday is just a booze day so I'm sort of fit to drive Monday. 

You dont know who might get added yet.

The acoustic / avalon or Park could throw up something for you. Still all to play for yet.

Ill be at Justice.

26 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

I'm really happy if the Justice/WH rumour is settled because I was also a little lost on the Sunday for a headliner, but they'll do nicely. PS. Not Justice related, but did he say anything else about RTJ? Any other hint that they're on JP or midday for Other?

He said he thought they were Pyramid. But he didn't pretend to actually know anything about any stage other than WH.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That's basically what I'm saying. Although I forgot to include Avalon. Not even sure you can count park as never sure if it's gonna finish at ten or not these days. What will be will be. 

Last year I saw my first acoustic headliner on the sunday. A mission up that hill, but worth it. The best thing about going up there, was you know everyone there - wants to be there. Not just because its a main stage.

Same when I saw a Park Headliner

Deacon Blue were a tad disappointing when I saw them in Sheffield OK last year - though that was electric of course. 

I'm fairly certain that two of the acoustic headliners will be Status Quo and Simple Minds, since both are touring such shows next month - but that's slightly off thread. 

Given Justice my first listen over the last day or two, and Civilisation and Love SOS are doing good things.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If Justice are WH headliner and Stormzy subbing Other instead of 3rd down it won't be the biggest surprise but it's a tad weak.

Stormzy far more likely to be Friday Pyramid I'd have thought - think most are agreeing Neil's bit of info there may have been wrong, but we'll see.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Stormzy far more likely to be Friday Pyramid I'd have thought - think most are agreeing Neil's bit of info there may have been wrong, but we'll see.

Stormzy up against Biffy doesn't seem off but we'll see. I'd kind of rather RTJ do it but I feel it may just be too big for them and in broad day light so if not JP Friday which I don't really want either then I'm hoping 3rs/4th down Other Friday.