JUSTICE

Fladog

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I just see it as Metronomy are likely gonna bring out an album in the next year so will be a fixture on the touring circuit once again, whereas Justice are doing a couple of London shows, Bestival, Glasto and then we might not see them again for a few years. Love Metronomy but they're an easy miss in tough clash situations.

Yeah this is very true & I probably will end up at Justice. Gonna be hard to resist the draw of Metronomy on the night though. 

I have Moderat down as subbing John Peel that night. They don't seem very West Holts-y to me, tho it is always the stage I'm rubbish at judging 

26 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Yeah this is very true & I probably will end up at Justice. Gonna be hard to resist the draw of Metronomy on the night though. 

I have Moderat down as subbing John Peel that night. They don't seem very West Holts-y to me, tho it is always the stage I'm rubbish at judging 

Yeah I assumed Moderat had been agreed for JP but was just chucking it out there, as thats where I would like them so I don't miss them, I can't imagine I'l have the energy to get over to JP then back to WH on the Sunday.

WH did have Caribou and Todd Terje sub in 2015 so it wouldnt be beyond the realms of possibility though.

Moderat would make sense for WH in my opinion, but i've only been to glasto twice before. From that perspective WH has always seemed more alternative than the rest? I'm not really sure how to describe it, but its always very loud and very bassy. I've never been sure if thats the acts that play the stage or the stages sound system, or both?

Having seen Caribou, Todd Terje, Bonobo, Hot Chip and a few others there that are somewhat similar, I could definitely see Moderat playing. Subbing Justice would be a dream, I'm not sure Moderat are big enough amongst the glasto crowd to headline their own stage.

I didn't realise how big Moderat were so wasn't even anticipating them on one of the main stages but they probably are more of a West Holts type than Justice imo, who are obviously playing there now so it seems okay.

They wouldn't hit the spot for me though really. Headline choices aside; acts are piling up for the other days but rather skinny on options for Sunday still.

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The third law of post last fallow year Glastonbury. 

:dontknow: I had right clashes on in 2014/2015 but they both petered down to a headliner I wasn't particularly amped about. This time I'm hella excited for Justice, same as last year's headline option.

Sunday can be ghastly. '14 was barren for most of us, but I still had a blast wandering the site with Mardy drinking tequila. Lovely time.

Mini rant alert.

Last year's Sunday evening it was a hellscape - but a hellscape bathed in a lesson.

The Pyramid heading towards the John Peel after Beck pushing buggy through crowds, warm drizzle and mud alike. Kid squealing, exhausted. The dread of the next couple hours' struggle already lucid in my mind. Got to Wicket by 9pm and the mud was a foot deep in places. An absolute mess. More or less stripped the tent and loaded up by 10 and started the hike to the carpark via Ped Gate A. Made it to the first row of cars and could hear "All My Friends" looping over the valley haunting me. I was soaked to the skin but that fleeting melody had me promising that i'd return stronger next time. 40 mins later we got to the furthest carparking extremity of the site, a mystical unknowable land not present on any festival maps. All pathways were impassable so I did a Dukes of Hazzard style solo-blemmy up a 40degree embankment to avoid the swamp in my Mrs' Peugeot. A real "HYEAAAAA!" moment. Made it to the start of the trackway where Mrs and kid (now chilled) were waiting. Packed bags into the boot and gone. We were on tarmac in 5 and on the road in 15. It was 11.30pm. We made it to the Holiday Inn south of Brizzle by 12.45 as the fog was gnarly-as and impeded our journey biggly. We staggered into the McDonalds next to the hotel covered head to foot in beastly oomska. A proper sight.

However watching the 2 1/2 year old scoff his three or four chips made me proud. He'd been to more Glastonbury Festivals than his age. He was exhausted but defiant. Like all the best people I had just left behind on Worthy Farm for another year.

If youre worried about the weather then you picked the wrong place to stay, indeed. Next year I'll be flying in on my own and will probably pine for the experience of having wife and kid in tow.

Except in parts, when the moral kicks in.

Edited by Wooderson
  • Upvote 2

If what we think is happening lineup wise this year come true I've already got Barry Gibb, Chic, Moderat, or failing that, possibly Biffy (or whoever else is possibly on at this time) and then Justice. Not too shabby considering day splits aren't out yet. I'm always a total wreck come the Sunday anyway so don't mind if the morning to afternoon aren't jam packed with stuff I want to see. Just as long as I've got something fairly decent to end the night with, which of course 2014 was famously lacking. Justice are the answer!

Sunday is always a downer.

The last headliner I had that I was really looking forward to was QOTSA.  (Stevie was THE sunday) though.

2009 - The prodigy were great

2014 - Kasabian - average

2015 - Chemical Brothers. Seen them so many times inc on that stage in 2011, so lost the magic a bit

2016 - Cyndi Lauper - me and my mate were in a mushroomed mess and loved it. His missus wasn't as happy trying to get us back to camp.

2017 - Looks like Justice. I'm content with that - pleased even, but it could have been better. Radiohead or the Flaming lips should have closed my festival. .

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I'd take a bunch of boring Sundays after getting blessed with LCD last year. 

Justice, Moderat, Cinematic Orchestra, Forest Swords, Laura Marling & Metronomy is in theory a decent Sunday for me. Shame they're all gonna end up at the top end of the lineup

Edited by MattDavies__

12 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

I'd take a bunch of boring Sundays after getting blessed with LCD last year. 

Justice, Moderat, Cinematic Orchestra, Forest Swords, Laura Marling & Metronomy is in theory a decent Sunday for me. Shame they're all gonna end up at the top end of the lineup

You missed out Ed Sheeran.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Saw the end after Kasabian - he was top!

Actually, was quite a good night all round. We ambled over that way ages earlier while it was still light. Walked past a tiny tent playing drum and bass. Popped in for 5 mins and ended up dancing in there with about 50 people for ages. We were obviously the lucky ones in 2014!

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Bit confused by all the complaints about 2014's Sunday. Would have thought Massive Attack would be a big pleaser for most on here. I certainly had no complaints. I guess the rest of the stages were a bit shite.

Just not really what I want to finish my festival with, and generally wasn't it regarded as being a bit disappointing? Although can't have been as bad as Disclosure so it's definitely the choice I should've made.