The XX

gmb1992

I thought the Floating Points set on the Park last year was really impressive!

I made a last minute decision to go (I liked Elaenia but I wasn't sure how well it would translate live and it was clash central at the time) and it ended up being one of my favourite sets of the weekend.

As Tuna said, I don't know what a solo set will be like but I'll definitely be getting there in good time if he does support them at Brixton.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Anyone know if their Bestival appearance is an exclusive? 

Might have to look into getting tour tickets if so...

nah there's no mention of it. Its pretty much nailed on for them to be at G imo. Just a matter of Other or Pyramid sub.

1 hour ago, Joshuwarr said:

Subbing Other stage would be strange considering their excellent headline slot on it just a few years back...I think the step up is needed.

I meant headlining other. Its whether they are happy to perform in the same slot as last time. My money is on subbing Radiohead still though.

1 minute ago, Vanderlyle said:

And what is the consensus on the new record? I'd kinda lost interest in these guys but might try and get back on it again.

I would say generally pretty positive. Certainly better recieved than Coexist.

24 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

How come they're TBC for Glasto? Where did that come from?

It came from someone who's given us a few good tips over the years. I know where he normally gets his info that he's sent our way, tho I don't know if this has come from the same place, tho I presume it has.

If it's the normal thing, it's likely to be from the lips of one of the band or someone very closely connected to them.

I'm also split, everyone keeps saying how special Radiohead will be but as I've never really gotten into them I think I'm likely to be giving them a miss, which means having the XX headlining the Other will give be an excellent alternative. but I really don't like the Other stage and try to avoid it if possible so would prefer to see them on the Pyramid ...

Just now, Scruffylovemonster said:

Other stage for headliners tends to be decent - it's just crappy in the day. QOTSA, Chemical Brothers, Massive Attack, Portishead all really good in semi-recent times. 

Fair play, I haven't seen a headliner on the Other stage yet, I've contemplated finally watching the LCD set to see how it went down, but although I'm happy with my decision to see Coldplay, watching the LCD set will throw in my face what I missed.