Daft Punk

eFestivals

On 10/6/2016 at 7:24 AM, eFestivals said:

I'd say that if the alive2017 website proves a fake by not revealing anything at whatever date it was at the end of the month (27th, was it?), it's probably not happening.

I'll carry on believing until the last Pyramid headliner comes on :D

20 hours ago, adms said:

I don't know if I am reading into this too much, but if anyone was listening to 6 Music at 9am, you would have heard 'Good luck to anyone getting Glastonbury tickets today' followed by the Top of Hour and then a Daft Punk track.
It seemed a bit out of place with the style of the show - but I thought it may have been a cheeky hint from 6 Music.

it's extremely unlikely that anyone outside those who need to know - which isn't the beeb, not yet - will have been told anything by the festival to know who they've got.

I'd guess they just played something from the rumour they find they most exciting.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's extremely unlikely that anyone outside those who need to know - which isn't the beeb, not yet - will have been told anything by the festival to know who they've got.

I'd guess they just played something from the rumour they find they most exciting.

Or they were on the wind up? "I bet music forums will lose their shit if we play Daft Punk... go on then..."

1 hour ago, mf_2005 said:

If the current theory is that if the Alive 2017 website tunes out to be nothing then they aren't playing Glastonbury, then I am basically writing them off now. That is the most fake looking thing I have ever seen.

yep, i don't know why anyone is giving it any credence. they even fucked up the co-ordindates for London and still haven't bothered fixing it...

39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

:lol:

I'm just passing on something further I'd heard.

I guess i'll still keep a glimmer of hope til whatever day it is towards the end of the month has passed, on the slim basis that website might not be fake.

Is your belief in the other two headliners been shaken at all by what you've heard today?

59 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

:lol:

I'm just passing on something further I'd heard.

I guess i'll still keep a glimmer of hope til whatever day it is towards the end of the month has passed, on the slim basis that website might not be fake.

Just a way to remember the date 27/10 which is 2017 shuffled around

(Sorry if that was already super obvious to everyone)

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Coachella reddit says that the Headliners are Beyonce, Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar

this apparently comes from a very good source. So they are apparently not at coachella

Kendrick, really? thought he'd be going away for a while to work on new material. sweet bunch of headliners though if true

as for Daft Punk, what with Neil's new info today and now Coachella seemingly a no-go they can pretty much be written off for good. was always a long shot that they'd be touring, never mind playing the low paying Glastonbury. ah well

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Kendrick, really? thought he'd be going away for a while to work on new material. sweet bunch of headliners though if true

as for Daft Punk, what with Neil's new info today and now Coachella seemingly a no-go they can pretty much be written off for good. was always a long shot that they'd be touring, never mind playing the low paying Glastonbury. ah well

Personally that's a shite set but that's just me. And I know I quote COS, but they also ruled DP out of Coachella a while ago and ruled RH out of South America Lolla. Superb bit of media attention for then again though. 

As I said though, I think they would be booked to do Indio without the fest.