Daft Punk

eFestivals

38 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Surely a lot less than the likes of Sheeran though? I know I don't exactly mix with the right circles but I don't know anyone outside of this forum who has any interest in Daft Punk. 

Yeah I agree. Glastonbury headliners are in the main pretty mega one way or the other and will all have a big fan base. Seeing as they are always all announced after the main sale, the resale will always pretty much be harder as a result one way or the other, regardless of who is announced. I don't see Daft Punk drawing any more than any other band. Maybe more than Stone Roses now might with their stadium gigs as it will probably be cheaper and easier to just get one of those over a Glastonbury one, but I'd expect Sheeran would pull plenty out of the wood work.

23 minutes ago, jonodillieono said:

Does this make efests look bad to the world if it isn't pulled off though?

Ultimately, only to the people who didn't read or take in the whole article.

With the number of grammar nazis around here, maybe efests is better off without those? :P

If it is pulled off i imagine this website will be heralded next year as some kind of holy place to all kinds of cretins

As opposed to now when it's heralded as some kind of holy place to all kinds of cretins :P

Edited by eFestivals

55 minutes ago, watsonjm said:

Just listening to Alive 2007 in full for the first time (only ever listened to bits here and there).  Shit the bed its good.  I hope to god they play!

Glorious isn't it! Everytime I listen to it I get more and more desperate to see them live. Assuming they did something similar it would be a huge moment on the pyramid.

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Surely a lot less than the likes of Sheeran though? I know I don't exactly mix with the right circles but I don't know anyone outside of this forum who has any interest in Daft Punk. 

Maybe you're right. But Sheeran has played numerous festivals and headline shows over the past few years. If people wanted to see him then they've had more than enough opportunities. Coupled with the fact that if he headlines, this will surely be scheduled around another huge arena tour. 

Daft Punk haven't toured in what, 10 years? 

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

someone like Ed Sheeran would make a bigger difference with the resale.

i doubt it. as big as Sheeran is, he tours regularly whenever he has a new album out and will no doubt do the same with the new album. Daft Punk haven't toured in ten years and christ knows when they'll do it again, if ever, and in what capacity. Daft Punk would definitely raise the stakes more resale wise than Sheeran ever would/could purely for the possible rarity of their appearance 

Just now, eFestivals said:

radiohead have been announced for friday.

as the DP info I had was very specifically saying friday and without having heard anything more, I'm calling it as bullshit.

Bummer. I knew about the Friday bit - was just hoping that since you had that info that things changed and perhaps DP were still in the running for another day. OH WELL!!

Wonder what your source was playing at...

6 minutes ago, Supermerv said:

The elation that I felt at the prospect of Radiohead has been replaced with misery at the prospect of Sheeran!

I know I could just go and see someone else, but I also know the people I'm going with will all want to see him.

Some time to yourself?  If I don't see the Pyramid other than Friday night I'll be delighted

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

radiohead have been announced for friday.

as the DP info I had was very specifically saying friday and without having heard anything more, I'm calling it as bullshit.

spreading malicious rumors in punishable with tying to a chair and being blasted with Daphne and Celeste

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't the previous Radiohead source(s) also specifically say Saturday?

No, I think that was just because Daft Punk were rumoured for Friday and Stone Roses could only play Sunday.

*edit* Or rather, yes.

Edited by marcoolio

Just now, Quark said:

Is that their music or actually feeding the two of them through a woodchipper?

both, I think and correct me if I am wrong I may have dreamed this, but years ago Daphne and Celeste played Glastonbury and got pelted off stage

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

both, I think and correct me if I am wrong I may have dreamed this, but years ago Daphne and Celeste played Glastonbury and got pelted off stage

May have been Reading, but definitely one of them. I believe that a year or two later Atomic Kitten were due to play another festival and were asked if they were worried about what had happened to D&C.  They responded that as they were more musically credible than D&C they weren't concerned.

They were pelted offstage.