Daft Punk

eFestivals

Kendrick subbing at Glastonbury would be tremendous please. I'd book him to headline personally but I've been  shouted down often enough now to agree he probably won't headline anytime soon :P

Wonder when that Coachella news is coming? If it's soon, that would suggest Radiohead have their 2017 dates all sorted.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Kendrick subbing at Glastonbury would be tremendous please. I'd book him to headline personally but I've been  shouted down often enough now to agree he probably won't headline anytime soon :P

when/if Kendrick plays now, it'll be as a headliner i think (although if he's headlining Coachella next year then i guess there's always a small chance he could still be touring later in the year and make the trip over to Glastonbury as a sub). i'm guessing he'll headline Reading/Leeds in 2018 with his new album and then Glastonbury will hopefully get him next time 'round

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Wonder when that Coachella news is coming? If it's soon, that would suggest Radiohead have their 2017 dates all sorted.

It'll be early Jan.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

when/if Kendrick plays now, it'll be as a headliner i think (although if he's headlining Coachella next year then i guess there's always a small chance he could still be touring later in the year and make the trip over to Glastonbury as a sub). i'm guessing he'll headline Reading/Leeds in 2018 with his new album and then Glastonbury will hopefully get him next time 'round

I really think the Eavii should grab him as a headliner before R+L. They need to stay at the cutting edge and passing up the chance to book him as a headliner and giving R+L the honour would be a blown opportunity in my book!

Just now, jparx said:

I really think the Eavii should grab him as a headliner before R+L. They need to stay at the cutting edge and passing up the chance to book him as a headliner and giving R+L the honour would be a blown opportunity in my book!

well with 2018 being the fallow year and (i'm presuming) him having a new album out by then they won't really have a choice :P  always seemed likely R/L would get him first though - just a shame that he's yet to play Glastonbury at all. hope they don't leave it too long before booking him

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

well with 2018 being the fallow year and (i'm presuming) him having a new album out by then they won't really have a choice :P  always seemed likely R/L would get him first though - just a shame that he's yet to play Glastonbury at all. hope they don't leave it too long before booking him

He should have subbed this year to be honest. Blown opportunity!

Just now, Little Andy said:

With DP nearly faded from view, that leaves little known competition for Ed Sheeran as 3rd headliner. Is there even anyone else we can realistically imagine coming in to play?

i can't see it being anybody else at this point. usually there are a few other names that crop up, but right now there really don't seem to be any other realistic options

6 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

With DP nearly faded from view, that leaves little known competition for Ed Sheeran as 3rd headliner. Is there even anyone else we can realistically imagine coming in to play?

the only other two yesterday seemed to be Gaga and Depeche Mode. Today it looks like DM are out of the picture, and gaga only ever really looked like not-a-headliner (and i've had some further info on that to back it up).

So it seems to be between Ed and DP, tho Glasto managed to surprise us a few years ago with Kanye who few were tipping, and they might have gone off-radar for next year too.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the only other two yesterday seemed to be Gaga and Depeche Mode. Today it looks like DM are out of the picture, and gaga only ever really looked like not-a-headliner (and i've had some further info on that to back it up).

So it seems to be between Ed and DP, tho Glasto managed to surprise us a few years ago with Kanye who few were tipping, and they might have gone off-radar for next year too.

So Gaga subbing the Sheeranator? Cracking.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

gaga only ever really looked like not-a-headliner (and i've had some further info on that to back it up).

more info to back up her appearing as a non-headliner? interesting if so as i still see her as an outright headliner, but fantastic if they've managed to bag her in a lower slot. i'd be there!

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I imagine Gaga subbing Sheeran. Unless this new album album of hers is absolutely huge I'm not sure she has the megastar clout she had five years ago.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not holding out much hope but please be daft punk. Personally not got much interest in seeing Ed Sheeran and I must admit I never saw him as being of a big enough stature to headline the pyramid stage.

Just as a wee ray of light, even if the Alive2017 site does turn out to be a hoax on 27/10, I don't really see how it changes anything.

If anything, the fact that they're seemingly out of the picture for Coachella has already holed that site below the waterline - but that's not to say that they won't tour regardless.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

If we get Radiohead and the Roses I really don't mind Sheeran getting the gig. Will be happy to spend a night away from the Pyramid (hopefully at Kraftwerk).

yep it's the ideal situation for me - one Pyramid headliner i'm absolutely over the moon about, one who i'd definitely go and see given no other options, and one to be nowhere near

Just now, mjsell said:

For those just discussing Kendrick Lemar - having never listened to anything of him - where should I start?

two of his three albums, good kid, m.A.A.d city and To Pimp a Butterfly are highly acclaimed in the hip hop world so going in to either of them is your best bet (although good kid is probably more conventional hip hop so maybe start there). his first album Section 8.0 is not quite as brilliant but is still very good