Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:
They're big enough to play stadiums in Manchester but wouldn't even headline the second stage at Glastonbury, and indeed got a fairly small crowd when they played third down on the Other in 2015. Really weird.

I live in Stockport, and believe me, it's as weird to me as to you.  Same goes with the Maccabees.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Forest shows generally mean no festivals dont they? Rick Astleys dates would be very suggestive of a farm appearance if they didnt 

But Garvey bucked the trend last year, 2 forest shows swiftly followed by an appearance on The Park.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Seriously Manchester... what is it with you and the bloody Courteeners?

You're better than this.

They're not though! Every city has its share of underground, quality scene and a massive Lad scene. They are nothing to do with each other. Manchester has a great music scene, it also has loads of lads who will pay for the above shite.

It was similar with Kaiser Chiefs when they would play a stadium or arena in Leeds and then academies everywhere else.

5 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

At least with t'Roses they play the same size venues elsewhere as they do in Manchester, even if they do less nights in London/Glasgow/Dublin etc. And they're headliners at Glastonbury and V and stuff. With Courteeners it's like they're a completely different band outside of Manchester to in. Imagine if any other region treated their 'current big thing' like that. Imagine if The Twang had survived and one day booked to play Villa Park whilst simultaneously struggling to sell academy dates in the rest of the country. It's plainly ridiculous and someone should put a stop to it.

I've got nothing against bands having huge regional success but fairly little in a wider context. I think the Courteeners are pants, but power to them if they can sell out huge stadiums in Manchester. Strong regional music scenes can only be a benefit surely?

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I've got nothing against bands having huge regional success but fairly little in a wider context. I think the Courteeners are pants, but power to them if they can sell out huge stadiums in Manchester. Strong regional music scenes can only be a benefit surely?

Yeah my last sentence of that was in jest really. Of course it's not a bad thing at once, just odd. Also probably something to do with the socio-political divides in the country between regions at the moment which is tragic although understandable.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Seriously Manchester... what is it with you and the bloody Courteeners?

You're better than this.

What's with all the homecoming shows they do? Where are they always coming home from? Lidl?

Edited by Woffy

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Mon 26th - contemplate futile existence / 5-a-side

Tues 27th - Get together with Jason Pierce's missus. 

Weds 28th - Big up Spiritualized's LP as the best of the year / watch Game of Thrones / feel better about oneself. 

Thurs 29th - "Hey Siri. Remind me its bin day: recycling, green bin"