Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

guess Macklemore could appear but not too sure on where he'd place now that his latest album didn't really make the impact of his first. 

Understatement. Considering they promoted Downtown to death, the success of the first record, and the fact there was a collaboration with Ed Sheeran on there, it can be counted as a big fat flop. JPT headliner at best now I should think.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Prophets of Rage doing Rock Am Ring Germany on 4th June.

Would be perfect Other Headliners. Especially vs Ed Sheeran. Make it happen

This. People are mooting Prophets of Rage as headliners at R+L, or Download, and I just don't see them as having the broad enough appeal. We're de la Rocha there...

But the Other Stage seems spot on for me! Sound booking. 

Where would you put Toto? They feel WesHolts to me,but frankly unsure.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Prophets of Rage doing Rock Am Ring Germany on 4th June.

Would be perfect Other Headliners. Especially vs Ed Sheeran. Make it happen

I was thinking they'd make good pyramid openers, I don't see them playing any kind of prominent slot 

11 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I can't see that. I could see them being 3rd down on the Pyramid maybe. Other sub wouldn't surprise, but the political nature of the act make them perfect Glastonbury band.

I agree, they do suit, the only problem is, they're really just a massive novelty, and quite frankly a bit shit. I like Rage, but Rage they are not. Il be surprised if they play, il be even more surprised if it's a billed slot high up the line up 

I like the principle of Prophets of Rage. RATM nostalgia tours were kinda pissing on the purpose of the band in the first place and now they've recruited Chuck D (which is a much bigger deal than has been made out) and others, wrote new songs and tried to spread the message again. New songs are woeful but eh, they're trying to write Rage songs and most of those are best thru rose-tinted specs so it's okay really - I imagine it's kinda the reason Zach didn't wanna continue in the first place.

Now they're not headlining European festivals and stuff I don't see why they would in the UK, so it'd be a evening Other Stage job or something. They'll be high up at Download or Reading but I guess there'd still be room for Glasto with that.

EDIT: but that ZDLR song is one of the firest things I've heard all year so I know which I'd rather. :ninja:

Edited by dentalplan